AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:04 PM #451

rutgersguy92 - 20 July 2012 07:57 PM

Looks like pin is at 605 after all.

Have a good week-end, and let’s hope for better luck next week.

Yes, a very surprising and humbling day for me.

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:04 PM #452

greedyn00b - 20 July 2012 08:00 PM
    Mav - 20 July 2012 07:26 PM

In the meantime, say goodbye to more than a few AFBers.

Sorry, but this is very disappointing.  Video pop-ups are one thing.  Subjecting forum contributors to ads between posts is a whole ‘nother kettle of fish.

I’m not getting any such thing at all—leads me to suspect a bug rather than intended behavior.

Don’t receive any pop ups. Neither on my imac, nor on my ipad.

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:05 PM #453

Learn from mistakes.  Every active trader makes them, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

Pick yourself up and move on.  Never really, really bet the farm on any one trade, and you should be OK.

I’ve had some bad trades lately too.  LNKD (short), LVS and GMCR longs…

[ Edited: 20 July 2012 05:08 PM by Mav ]

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 20 July 2012 05:06 PM #454

lovemyipad - 20 July 2012 08:01 PM

This is getting old.  I just bought more OCT’12 650s @ 17.00

I rolled out of my July 600s and into Sept 650s. It’s past old.  I am very surprised by today’s close.  The overall market did not help and Toni S. is up to his old tricks.

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:07 PM #455

Me too.

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:12 PM #456

Mav - 20 July 2012 08:04 PM

Whoa!

Really?

Btw, any pop-up issues iPad?  Seems some of our (for the moment) active AFBers are suffering badly from audio/video popups.

(As a public service announcement, Flash blockers are KILLER Web companions to have.)

Mav, no pop-ups for me.  Thank you for PM’ing AC!

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:14 PM #457

Nevyn - 20 July 2012 08:07 PM

Me too.

I obviously should have waited until EOD, but didn’t and instead added more Oct 600s this AM (currently holding Jan & Oct 600s).

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:24 PM #458

Redler was in it, but got stopped out as price dropped.

At least we’re still a Buy at American Bull.  :wink:

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:33 PM #459

It really is offensive to see this kind of manipulation, but shouldn’t we really appreciate it?  I mean the underlying fundamentals seem to dominate in the end as evidenced by the 200 point rise thus far this year and the 100 point fluctuations give us many more opportunities to profit by getting in and out. If it were all fundamentals, I doubt that anyone except the buy and hold investors would make much money. 

In some ways, it is the predictability of things like max pain that seem to violate the myth of an efficient market, but even then, if the manipulation is predictable, we can profit from it.  I guess I am just trying to say that we have all been around long enough to know the game, no sense getting upset with it.  It is what it is.

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:37 PM #460

Try telling that to Mercel.  LOL

It is what it is shouldn’t be how it should be.  Not the same as having to react and make the necessary adjustments in the interim while we ask for and wait for some sanity and effective oversight to return to the markets.

I swear, every time I think of the SEC, I think of Allstate’s Mayhem in that lazy guard dog commercial.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:50 PM #461

Bud, you are absolutely right!  And for the most part, I do think that way.  But this far into a consolidation period makes me grouchy, and if *I’m* grouchy… wink

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:55 PM #462

iPad, why not vent a little by going to the charts?  :innocent:  (/freeloader)

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 20 July 2012 05:57 PM #463

lovemyipad - 20 July 2012 08:50 PM

Bud, you are absolutely right!  And for the most part, I do think that way.  But this far into a consolidation period makes me grouchy, and if *I’m* grouchy… wink

+1, lovey!  right there with you.  this is ass.  hopefully there will be justice next week.

Posted: 20 July 2012 06:00 PM #464

Mav - 20 July 2012 08:37 PM

(...)
    I swear, every time I think of the SEC, I think of Allstate’s Mayhem in that lazy guard dog commercial.

Here’s the thing, MHO re: why the SEC doesn’t do anything: markets are manipulated up and down.  We only notice/complain when it goes against our position.  That parabolic period?  Many believe were were catching up to our rightful valuation.  I stopped believing that after TC spoke to GS.  IMHO, that frothy period was manipulation to the upside.  We got ahead of ourselves—big money knew it and took profits ahead of APR’12 earnings.  Diabolically brilliant in retrospect.

Posted: 20 July 2012 06:00 PM #465

Scaling in or more aggressive?

I’m being more conservative for the moment, but it feels like AAPL could retest 600 or below by Tuesday, particularly if the FUD wave continues.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.