Would this be considered spamming?

Posted: 19 July 2012 08:13 PM

+

TMO Mods:

Back in the 1990s, when I was a graphic designer, I snagged the URL “mrmgraphics.com,” and “mrmgraphics” became my online identity. For years now, my TMO signature has stated “signature and website under construction,” because my professional career was taking a turn.

I am now far more focused on website development than graphic design, and the website in my (finally updated after maybe five years) signature shows that. I would like to change my screen name to reflect this as well.

Several questions: My website is obviously for my business, a registered LLC. Is it OK to have that website in my sig? And can I change my screen name to match?

Finally, I am so proud of my site. Is there any place here that I can make a general announcement that it’s finally live?

I do NOT want to spam TMO. I have been a very happy member here since 2003, and do not want to disrespect any policies you have in place.

Thanks.

Signature

mrmwebmax (formerly mrmgraphics)
    Max out your site! mrmwebmax.com

Posted: 21 July 2012 06:35 PM #1

As you can tell by the resounding responses you received, I’m probably the only one you would run afoul of, since it appears that I am the only one that goes about deleting spam accounts (sorry, guys, but it’s true, as Brian and I have discussed before).

That being said, since I know that you are going to do this, and since I am well aware of your history here, you are safe. Just PM me with your new screen name, if you choose to change it.

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…

Posted: 21 July 2012 07:45 PM #2

+

Much appreciated, Intruder. Thanks. Will PM you if/when I change my screen name.

Signature

Posted: 21 July 2012 07:55 PM #3

+

Intruder,

As shown, I’ve changed my screen name from mrmgraphics to mrmwebmax. Have sent you two PMs regarding the change, but see neither in my Sent box. Not sure if I am doing something wrong (haven’t used TMO PM since 2007), so am letting you know here as well. Thanks.

Signature