Would this be considered spamming?

Posted: 19 July 2012 08:13 PM

+

TMO Mods:

Back in the 1990s, when I was a graphic designer, I snagged the URL “mrmgraphics.com,” and “mrmgraphics” became my online identity. For years now, my TMO signature has stated “signature and website under construction,” because my professional career was taking a turn.

I am now far more focused on website development than graphic design, and the website in my (finally updated after maybe five years) signature shows that. I would like to change my screen name to reflect this as well.

Several questions: My website is obviously for my business, a registered LLC. Is it OK to have that website in my sig? And can I change my screen name to match?

Finally, I am so proud of my site. Is there any place here that I can make a general announcement that it’s finally live?

I do NOT want to spam TMO. I have been a very happy member here since 2003, and do not want to disrespect any policies you have in place.

Thanks.

Signature

mrmwebmax (formerly mrmgraphics)
    Max out your site! mrmwebmax.com

Posted: 21 July 2012 06:35 PM #1

As you can tell by the resounding responses you received, I’m probably the only one you would run afoul of, since it appears that I am the only one that goes about deleting spam accounts (sorry, guys, but it’s true, as Brian and I have discussed before).

That being said, since I know that you are going to do this, and since I am well aware of your history here, you are safe. Just PM me with your new screen name, if you choose to change it.

Posted: 21 July 2012 07:45 PM #2

+

Much appreciated, Intruder. Thanks. Will PM you if/when I change my screen name.

Signature

Posted: 21 July 2012 07:55 PM #3

+

Intruder,

As shown, I’ve changed my screen name from mrmgraphics to mrmwebmax. Have sent you two PMs regarding the change, but see neither in my Sent box. Not sure if I am doing something wrong (haven’t used TMO PM since 2007), so am letting you know here as well. Thanks.

Signature