AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 27 July 2012 06:48 PM #736

Mercel - 27 July 2012 08:41 PM

(...)
    The “Efficient Market Theory” therefore covers everything:  Theft, Chicanery, TA, Fundamentals, OPEX—insert your own.  You might as well call it “The Crackpot Theory,” because that’s all the sense one can make from it.

Sorry to vent, but I’m really disturbed with the apathy on how broken the stock market is and no one’s showing any energy to fix it.

Mercel, it used to drive me crazy when I first discovered how inefficient the market is in the short-term.  I don’t think it CAN be fixed.  I don’t think it’s all that different from how it’s always been—analogous to an open-air bazaar—except now it’s electronic and your average guy can SEE it, participate on a micro level, and make/lose even more.

Goods can have certain “fair value,” but people underpay and overpay all the time, for different reasons.

In the long run, it all comes out in the wash.

Posted: 27 July 2012 07:05 PM #737

lovemyipad - 27 July 2012 08:35 PM
    rutgersguy92 - 27 July 2012 08:02 PM

Jason Schwarz is thinking that “the AAPL post earnings selloff officially ended today”, and he laid down another 10% of his stash to buy October calls.

Time will tell.

All due respect, I have NOT been a fan of his timing.

He lit it up in April, and was out of the market for most of the swoon prior to earnings, I recall.  But you’re right about this call,

Posted: 28 July 2012 12:40 AM #738

This has nothing to do with anything being discussed, but I just feel like saying that the “iPad Mini” doesn’t make any sense to me at all.  On the other hand, a new larger 8” iPod Touch is a brilliant idea.

• Posted: 28 July 2012 11:31 AM #739

Bud777 - 28 July 2012 03:40 AM

This has nothing to do with anything being discussed, but I just feel like saying that the “iPad Mini” doesn’t make any sense to me at all.  On the other hand, a new larger 8” iPod Touch is a brilliant idea.

I used to think that. Until this:

http://www.iamconcise.com/main/the-reason-for-the-ipad-mini.html