Apple Financial Forecasts and New Products

Posted: 27 July 2012 12:25 PM

I seem recall, on at least one conference call, over the past 12-18 months that someone at Apple mentioned that currently unavailable products are not accounted for in the projected financial forecasts. Does anyone else have a similar recollection? I presume product upgrades, i.e. iPhone 5 or macbook refreshes etc are included.

Thanks
    mightydog

Posted: 27 July 2012 01:14 PM #1

Not sure if they answered it before, but in the 2011 Q3 call they avoided it:

Katy Huberty ? Morgan Stanley

Peter, as that relates to future product transitions, can you just remind us how you approach working those into your guidance, you tend to be conservative and wait and see what happens with those products?

Peter Oppenheimer

Well, as I’ve said a moment ago, we’re not going to talk about this in any detail today. We factored our thinking into our guidance. We are incredibly confident about our business, our new product pipeline and what we’re doing.

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs