Navicat and Apple

Posted: 28 July 2012 08:01 PM

+

Navicat is commercial database management software that I use for managing the open-source MySQL databases of mine and my clients’ websites. I was on their site today when I went to their “Top Ten Reasons” to use their software. #1 was “award-winning product.” #2 was “used by a number of enterprises.” On this page (which links to a page listing many enterprises), four companies were mentioned. Apple was listed first, and no, the list was not alphabetical:

Navicat Top Ten Reasons

That Apple is listed first tells me that Navicat considers Apple’s support to be of greatest commercial value. Hard to believe, for a company that was all but buried. I remember all too well in the 1990s, working on a crappy tank-of-a PowerMac 4400, thinking that my next machine would be Windows, because Apple would be no more. Now, they’re #1 in just about every way. There’s no way in the mid-1990s that any company would have used Apple as a status symbol. My, how times have changed.

How many of us remember the “beleaguered” days, when that word was always used in connection with Apple? Hard to believe how far we’ve come.

Signature

mrmwebmax (formerly mrmgraphics)
    Max out your site! mrmwebmax.com

Posted: 29 July 2012 11:47 PM #1

In the 80s they were cool, though.

http://www.filmarchive.org.nz/sellebration/view.php?id=168

Ironically, it needs Flash. Which ain’t flash.

Signature

Laurie Fleming - the singing geek

@LaurieFleming

Posted: 30 July 2012 03:26 AM #2

+

Talk about a blast from the past! No GUI, no mouse, monochrome green screen, and the guy who bought the computer looks like Magnum PI! Holy 80s, Batman!

Signature

mrmwebmax (formerly mrmgraphics)
    Max out your site! mrmwebmax.com