AAPL Intraday Updates- Archive

Posted: 29 July 2012 08:19 PM

Fed and ECB on tap this week…  Let’s see what that means for the fruit…

[ Edited: 04 August 2012 01:54 AM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 29 July 2012 09:27 PM #1

Asia very green on carryover from last week’s action in the US and gobs, I say gobs, of rumors about concerted action this week…..

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 29 July 2012 09:32 PM #2

Red Shirted Ensign - 30 July 2012 12:27 AM

Asia very green on carryover from last week’s action in the US and gobs, I say gobs, of rumors about concerted action this week…..

US futures redder than when they opened

Posted: 29 July 2012 09:33 PM #3

So what do you all think will happen?  Volatility, yes.  SPY up? 

Looking ahead to mid-sept.,  it sounds like the possible release time frame of iPhone next might coincide with big news from Europe.  Hmmmm. 

Is there a chart for that one?

Signature

“My mind hovers on hummingbird wings.”  D. Eggers

Posted: 29 July 2012 09:52 PM #4

Rosie - 30 July 2012 12:33 AM

So what do you all think will happen?  Volatility, yes.  SPY up? 
    (...)

My WAG: SPY pulls back before another move higher.

Posted: 29 July 2012 10:02 PM #5

This is too good to get lost in the late Weekend board.

http://www.mondaynote.com/

The speculation regarding the lower guidance on GM is particularly interesting.

I’m also noting that lots of folks are setting their floor at 550. Given recent trends, this floor makes sense, but I remind everyone that as soon as you think you have it all figured out, the market throws a curve and most whiff it.

Posted: 29 July 2012 10:33 PM #6

Prazan - 30 July 2012 01:02 AM

This is too good to get lost in the late Weekend board.

http://www.mondaynote.com/

The speculation regarding the lower guidance on GM is particularly interesting.

I’m also noting that lots of folks are setting their floor at 550. Given recent trends, this floor makes sense, but I remind everyone that as soon as you think you have it all figured out, the market throws a curve and most whiff it.

I think I prefer the sick dog discussion.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 30 July 2012 02:15 AM #7

Rumors are heating up with the debut of iPhone 5.  9 to 5 Mac is speculating Sept 12 for an announcement, with the launch date at Sept. 21.  Also included is the iPad Mini.

Watch The Loop and Jim Dalrymple, who has excellent contacts at Apple, to see if this elicits any comment.  If it doesn’t, start fueling the Saturn V’s.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/07/29/apple-to-unveil-next-iphone-and-smaller-ipad-on-sept-12-launch-new-iphone-sept-21/

Posted: 30 July 2012 02:22 AM #8

Dalrymple won’t say “Yep” until maybe 2 weeks or less before an event IIRC.  So yeah, the silence could be deafening.

I still wouldn’t bump up estimates that much with such a short time to ship new product in the quarter.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 30 July 2012 02:23 AM #9

Mercel - 30 July 2012 05:15 AM

Rumors are heating up with the debut of iPhone 5.  9 to 5 Mac is speculating Sept 12 for an announcement, with the launch date at Sept. 21.  Also included is the iPad Mini.

Watch The Loop and Jim Dalrymple, who has excellent contacts at Apple, to see if this elicits any comment.  If it doesn’t, start fueling the Saturn V’s.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/07/29/apple-to-unveil-next-iphone-and-smaller-ipad-on-sept-12-launch-new-iphone-sept-21/

My son and I were at the Apple store.  I have an interesting story over at Braeburngroup regarding sales and the future of Apple and its stock.

However I showed him the picture of the so called iPhone 5.  He said it was a fake because Apple would never put that two tone backside.

He then pointed out that the picture was taken straight out of iPhone ads shown on the wall in the store.  He showed me how the shading and lighting points to nice photoshoping.

I really think no one knows what it looks like and we need to wait until Oct based on guidance.  This phone is not easy to make and they need a shit load of parts to build enough for the first weekend.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 02:40 AM #10

omacvi - 30 July 2012 05:23 AM

My son and I were at the Apple store.  I have an interesting story over at Braeburngroup regarding sales and the future of Apple and its stock.

However I showed him the picture of the so called iPhone 5.  He said it was a fake because Apple would never put that two tone backside.

He then pointed out that the picture was taken straight out of iPhone ads shown on the wall in the store.  He showed me how the shading and lighting points to nice photoshoping.

I really think no one knows what it looks like and we need to wait until Oct based on guidance.  This phone is not easy to make and they need a shit load of parts to build enough for the first weekend.

Apple store employees probably know less than we do about Apple’s product roadmap, much less that “Apple would never use a two tone backside.”  Funny.

Sorry, but I’m convinced this is the look of the next iPHone 5.  I’ll wager you a drink Spongie.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 02:44 AM #11

Mav - 30 July 2012 05:22 AM

Dalrymple won’t say “Yep” until maybe 2 weeks or less before an event IIRC.  So yeah, the silence could be deafening.

I still wouldn’t bump up estimates that much with such a short time to ship new product in the quarter.

Forget the estimates.  Q4 isn’t going to matter much IMO.  Q4 guidance maybe, and certainly Q1 earnings.  If Amazon can have 7 straight quarter of YOY profit declines, Wall Street can give Apple a pass on Q4 in favor of the first full quarter in which it sells 50M iPhones.  That would be Q1.

Posted: 30 July 2012 03:12 AM #12

Mercel - 30 July 2012 05:40 AM
    omacvi - 30 July 2012 05:23 AM

Apple store employees probably know less than we do about Apple’s product roadmap, much less that “Apple would never use a two tone backside.”  Funny.

Sorry, but I’m convinced this is the look of the next iPHone 5.  I’ll wager you a drink Spongie.

He never talked about the future iPhone or any other future product.

The observations were my son’s.  It was backed by commentary on the web that it is a decent photoshop rendering.

If it is real then they can launch in Sept for sure.  Guidance and overall secrecy leads me to believe it will happen in Oct.

Posted: 30 July 2012 09:06 AM #13

Personal note: We are moving (just down the street) today and tomorrow, so I may—or may not!—be scarce until Wednesday.  Sometimes during these moves, I’m bored out of my mind, and other times, I’m crazy busy.  It’s a corporate move, so I’m not doing the actual “moving” part of the moving, just the directing. smile

• Posted: 30 July 2012 09:09 AM #14

I know it’s just premarket, but what’s with the pretty green move that just happened?

• Posted: 30 July 2012 09:16 AM #15

Did any news just come out?