AAPL Intraday Updates- Archive

Posted: 30 July 2012 09:25 AM #16

lovemyipad - 30 July 2012 12:06 PM

Personal note: We are moving (just down the street) today and tomorrow, so I may—or may not!—be scarce until Wednesday.  Sometimes during these moves, I’m bored out of my mind, and other times, I’m crazy busy.  It’s a corporate move, so I’m not doing the actual “moving” part of the moving, just the directing. smile

You directing? Those poor movers!  tongue laugh I’m picturing you on the sidewalk with a bullhorn…
    Best of luck.

Good to see some geen, maybe iPhone rumors. Also expecting good news at some point on the legal end. I see way more upside than downside here and don’t think good news is priced in at all.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 09:26 AM #17

iMore has heard that Apple is planning to debut the new iPhone at a special event on Wednesday, September 12, 2012, with the release date to follow 9 days later on Friday, September 21. This information comes from sources who have proven accurate in the past.

The iPad mini will be announced at the same September 12 event, as will the new iPod nano. We haven’t heard a release date for the iPad mini yet, but it could be the same as the iPhone 5. It seems likely the new iPod touch will make an appearance on September 12 as well, though we haven’t heard any specific information about that yet either.

Last year, the iPhone 4S was announced on Tuesday, October 4, 2011, and released 10 days later on October 14. The event included minor updates to the iPod line, notably a white iPod touch 4. This year, the iPad 3 was announced on Wednesday, March 7, 2012, and released 9 days later on March 16. The event included a 1080p Apple TV.

Back in March, we heard Apple was targeting an October release window for the iPhone 5,1, much like last year’s iPhone 4,1 (iPhone 4S). Recently, however, several reports have suggested Apple would be ready to go as early as September. Last week, App4Phone.fr, citing Chinese manufacturing sources, reported the September 21 release date.

Unlike last year, when some 16 months separated the iPhone 4S and iPhone 4, a September 21 schedule would put the iPhone 5 launch at just over 11 months after the iPhone 4S.

The longer schedule last year allowed Apple to re-position the iPhone as the new, big fall product release. It took the spotlight from the iPod family that previously ruled the holiday quarter, but has waned in recent years. It also padded the time between the Verizon iPhone 4 launch, which only occurred in February of 2011, and gave four extra months for Apple to work on iOS 5, which included major new features like iCloud, Notification Center, iMessage, and Siri.

iOS 6, which was announced during Apple’s WWDC 2012 keynote on June 11 and includes a new, Google-free Maps app, and Passbook, should get a final presentation during the September 12 event as well, and if Apple sticks to previous patterns, a release sometime around Wednesday, September 19.

Apple typically shows off extra, hardware-specific iOS features at new iPhone events as well. For the last few years, Apple SVP of Marketing, Phil Schiller, has demonstrated advanced camera and video recording, and Apple SVP of iOS, Scott Forstall, has demonstrated Voice Control, FaceTime, and Siri. For now, we have only educated guesses (see the conclusion) as to what else might be coming to iOS this year.

As for hardware, we’re still hearing the iPad mini will be exactly like the 9.7-inch iPad, only scaled down to 7.x-inches. We originally heard Apple had a few iPhone 5 prototypes, including 3.5-inch and 4-inch versions, but recent reports and parts leaks make it look like the 4-inch, 16:9 screen version is what Apple’s going with. We’ve also consistently heard all new iOS devices will have the new, smaller Dock connector going forward, which along with the nano-SIM and rumored in-cell display should leave lots of room for the LTE radio we heard about earlier in the year, and the bigger battery to go along with it.

If these announcement and release dates prove accurate, we should find out in only 6 short weeks…

http://www.imore.com/apple-iphone-5-and-ipad-mini-event-planned-september-12-iphone-5-release-date-september-21

• Posted: 30 July 2012 09:27 AM #18

I don’t have time to check the accuracy of the site, but that’s all I could find.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 09:30 AM #19

delete

[ Edited: 30 July 2012 10:44 AM by nate010203 ]      
  • Posted: 30 July 2012 10:05 AM #20

Stock is up on the rumor posted earlier about the mini iPad, etc being released in Sept.  Be careful out there - this is all on rumor…don’t get me wrong..I will take it but lots of macro events (meetings) this week.  So who knows?

Any technician care to offer up an if/then scenario for today?

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 30 July 2012 10:13 AM #21

AAPL could be up on the Twitter investment rumor. CNBC had segment on it this morning.
    http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=3000106145&play=1

• Posted: 30 July 2012 10:13 AM #22

delete

[ Edited: 30 July 2012 10:23 AM by nate010203 ]      
  • Posted: 30 July 2012 10:14 AM #23

Phoebear611 - 30 July 2012 01:05 PM

Stock is up on the rumor posted earlier about the mini iPad, etc being released in Sept.  Be careful out there - this is all on rumor…don’t get me wrong..I will take it but lots of macro events (meetings) this week.  So who knows?

From what I’m reading rumor is from places who had great accuracy in past.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 10:23 AM #24

mstefa - 30 July 2012 01:14 PM

Again, I need a bigger brain - but why did TC guide lower due to transition? Wouldn’t that mean that it is an October launch or did he blatantly lie? So confused.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 30 July 2012 10:24 AM #25

Phoebear611 - 30 July 2012 01:23 PM

Again, I need a bigger brain - but why did TC guide lower due to transition? Wouldn’t that mean that it is an October launch or did he blatantly lie? So confused.

I do not think those are the only two options.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 10:39 AM #26

roni - 30 July 2012 01:24 PM
    Phoebear611 - 30 July 2012 01:23 PM

I do not think those are the only two options.

Or is it the early signs of these mythical dividend fund unicorns trying to load up before it goes out of hand?

or, moving money from FB and the losing bunch to AAPL?

Or is it news of QE number ,3,4,5 etc.. so money is not a question any more?

• Posted: 30 July 2012 10:44 AM #27

I have a question about the dividend. I have read articles about dividends but im still a bit confused on exactly how its going to work.

I know that the stock has to be bought before the ex dividend date and then as long as you own the stock on that day you will get the dividend right?

What if I bought the stock the day before the ex dividend date and sold it the dividend date?  WOuld I still get the dividend or do you have to hold it thru the record date?

Or would I have to buy the stock 4 days before the ex dividend date to make sure the funds settle before the ex dividend date?

Also I keep reading on articles online that the stock will most likely drop the amount of the dividend on the ex dividend date, If the stock goes down the amount of the dividend then what exactly is the point of the dividend?

Also does scottrade put the dividend in my account on the record date?

thanks.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 10:49 AM #28

I think the trade has to be settled by the ex-div date.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 10:51 AM #29

roni - 30 July 2012 01:49 PM

I think the trade has to be settled by the ex-div date.

Yeah that makes sense.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 10:53 AM #30

nate010203 - 30 July 2012 01:44 PM

I have a question about the dividend. I have read articles about dividends but im still a bit confused on exactly how its going to work.

I know that the stock has to be bought before the ex dividend date and then as long as you own the stock on that day you will get the dividend right?

What if I bought the stock the day before the ex dividend date and sold it the dividend date?  WOuld I still get the dividend or do you have to hold it thru the record date?

Or would I have to buy the stock 4 days before the ex dividend date to make sure the funds settle before the ex dividend date?

Also I keep reading on articles online that the stock will most likely drop the amount of the dividend on the ex dividend date, If the stock goes down the amount of the dividend then what exactly is the point of the dividend?

Also does scottrade put the dividend in my account on the record date?

thanks.

Think about it this way:

If business is worth 500BLN and you take out 10BLN to give to your shareholders, now this business is worth 490 bln.This will reflect in the stock price the very next day. Now, with dividend being 2% and our fruit going up and down 2/5 % a day, you won’t notice anything, it will be like any other day. Chances are it will be red day though.