AAPL Intraday Updates- Archive

Posted: 30 July 2012 12:41 PM #46

I remain short-term bearish on AAPL.

EDIT: This reminds me of the move from 644 to 555.  We thought the down was OVER on the rally to 618.  Then we thought (hoped) the pullback was just a pullback.  Then we took out 555.  IMHO, I smell a bull trap today—extra stinky.  If we retest today’s HOD and can’t take it out on strong volume, we’re going down.  Be prepared.

[ Edited: 30 July 2012 12:46 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 30 July 2012 12:52 PM #47

lovemyipad - 30 July 2012 03:41 PM

EDIT: This reminds me of the move from 644 to 555.  We thought the down was OVER on the rally to 618.  Then we thought (hoped) the pullback was just a pullback.  Then we took out 555.  IMHO, I smell a bull trap today—extra stinky.  If we retest today’s HOD and can’t take it out on strong volume, we’re going down.  Be prepared.

Hear you loud and clear.  I just sold all my shares and will re-purchase when things go low again.

Hope you like your new place.  Getting there is not usually half the fun.

Signature

“My mind hovers on hummingbird wings.”  D. Eggers

• Posted: 30 July 2012 12:53 PM #48

Just sold 9% of my commons @ 593.55. Cost basis $322.50.

Posted: 30 July 2012 01:03 PM #49

Let’s see what happens at the retest…

Posted: 30 July 2012 01:06 PM #50

AppleDoc - 30 July 2012 03:53 PM

Just sold 9% of my commons @ 593.55. Cost basis $322.50.

Nice work.

Posted: 30 July 2012 01:34 PM #51

That was a two-day move starting on Tuesday, April 17.  But I recall that AAPL had broken below its uptrend line, and was considered to have entered into a downtrend.  Is this a similar situation?

• Posted: 30 July 2012 02:02 PM #52

This rumor may be false, but its the reaction itself which is interesting.  Less than a week after one of the most disappointing earnings reports in recent history, the market is making 12 point positive moves based on launch date rumors.  It demonstrates what we know about the market:  it looks forward, not back. 

A huge launch is in the near future.  Everything else (earnings, competitor plans, etc) are now in the past.  Anything can happen with near term stock moves, but we are entering a period where greed can run pretty wild, at a moment’s notice.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 02:04 PM #53

Today’s strength looks to be opex related not a trend change. HFTs are killing us limiting rips above 597-597.50.

Posted: 30 July 2012 02:09 PM #54

Let me play the thought-exercise contrarian.

The move from 618 >> 555 involved something we did NOT have this quarter.  At all.  Technically it happened before the huge push down but you know what I mean.

I agree that AAPL is a question mark chart wise so soon after earnings.  But I’m not seeing doom.  I’m hardly piling on, mind you, I didn’t add any new positions, but I think the pullback is starting to look “weaker” the stronger AAPL rallies.

Btw iPad, are you employing measured move as a theory?  From the recent 573ish low?

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 30 July 2012 02:19 PM #55

Is a gap of $1.50 or so that big a deal?  Just curious.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 30 July 2012 02:36 PM #56

Mav - 30 July 2012 05:19 PM

Is a gap of $1.50 or so that big a deal?  Just curious.

its not the $1.50 gap that bothers me…

it is all that congestion in the 610-615 area…..5x since 7/1/2012 we tried to break out of it and FAILED….

Q3 earnings didn’t help….and now we are back on iPhone release date watch to break-out of that solid resistance top….

• Posted: 30 July 2012 02:42 PM #57

If anyone is intrigued a bit by the trial and you have Twitter - Dan Levine from Reuters is tweeting.  You can find him on @FedcourtJunkie
    It’s been quite entertaining thus far

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 30 July 2012 02:46 PM #58

Here are some of the fun ones coming thru (lol):

“And here we go with the jurors who have read the Isaacson Steve Jobs biography. One disclosed, suspect many more coming”

“Every juror must now disclose what kind of phone they own. First: LG”

“Oh man, poor Google employee just had to disclose that he bought 2 iPads. But he also has Nexus tab, samsung phones “

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 30 July 2012 03:11 PM #59

I can’t stop laughing - how does this guy even get into the AAPL jury pool?

“Apple employee raises hand when asked if already made up mind on who should win. He better- the company brass is watching!”

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 30 July 2012 03:18 PM #60

Phoebear611 - 30 July 2012 06:11 PM

I can’t stop laughing - how does this guy even get into the AAPL jury pool?

“Apple employee raises hand when asked if already made up mind on who should win. He better- the company brass is watching!”

it is amazing that this case even got to trial….