AAPL Intraday Updates- Archive

Posted: 03 August 2012 05:24 PM #511

JDSoCal - 03 August 2012 07:43 PM

Ha ha, EO’s trying to salvage those 10K 615 puts with selling…all they need is 614.99, let’s call it .97.

that doesn’t salvage them.  they paid more than a few pennies for them.

Posted: 03 August 2012 05:40 PM #512

kloot - 03 August 2012 08:24 PM
    JDSoCal - 03 August 2012 07:43 PM

Ha ha, EO’s trying to salvage those 10K 615 puts with selling…all they need is 614.99, let’s call it .97.

that doesn’t salvage them.  they paid more than a few pennies for them.

Uh, the presumption is that the EO’s sold the options, not bought them Kloot.

In my original post, I meant 615 calls, not puts BTW.

The beauty of selling options is you get a credit, which you keep if the strike doesn’t, well, strike.

[ Edited: 03 August 2012 05:43 PM by JDSoCal ]

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 03 August 2012 06:14 PM #513

LEAPfrog - 03 August 2012 03:14 PM

Is there a way to tell if institutional ownership percentage is down due to an increase in retail ownership, or institutions selling off positions?  It’s a 18-19M share difference…..

To answer my own question

http://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearch/evaluate/fundamentals/ownership.jhtml?stockspage=ownership&symbols=aapl

It appears the institutions have sold off 17.5M shares this quarter. Since the stock price has gone up, it appears retail investors have picked up the slack.  I would thick the institutions would want to be loaded with AAPL prior to the divy ex date.  Those 17.5M unloaded shares represents $46+M in unrealized div’s.  Why wouldn’t they be buying back in next week?  Or is my line of thinking way off??

Signature

Because Longer is better…....

Posted: 03 August 2012 07:44 PM #514

LEAPfrog - 03 August 2012 09:14 PM
    LEAPfrog - 03 August 2012 03:14 PM

Is there a way to tell if institutional ownership percentage is down due to an increase in retail ownership, or institutions selling off positions?  It’s a 18-19M share difference…..

To answer my own question

http://eresearch.fidelity.com/eresearch/evaluate/fundamentals/ownership.jhtml?stockspage=ownership&symbols=aapl

It appears the institutions have sold off 17.5M shares this quarter. Since the stock price has gone up, it appears retail investors have picked up the slack.  I would thick the institutions would want to be loaded with AAPL prior to the divy ex date.  Those 17.5M unloaded shares represents $46+M in unrealized div’s.  Why wouldn’t they be buying back in next week?  Or is my line of thinking way off??

Thank you for the information.  Now what does this mean?

Are institutions waiting for the WTF sale?  Is the 2.65 per share per quarter insulting to the income funds?

Signature

Waiting to be included in one of Apple’s target markets, but I still own an iPod, iPhone and iMac and APPL stock.