Apple-Samsung Trial

• Posted: 30 August 2012 05:37 PM #661

Red Shirted Ensign - 30 August 2012 08:31 PM
    FalKirk - 30 August 2012 07:10 PM
    madmaxroi - 30 August 2012 04:57 PM

In honor of RSE…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAtje5weAU0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That is HIL-larious!  LOL  Watched it twice. Very funny.

I look good in this video…but my voice stinks.  As noted, my image is being used without my permission. I’m suing everybody on Monday.

And if you think the Federation is in trouble with Apple patents, wait until they enforce them against those Romulans!

I believe the Romans had a class action agains the Romulans and they’ve taken them for everything they’ve got.

• Posted: 30 August 2012 05:39 PM #662

Mav - 30 August 2012 08:02 PM

Uh, didn’t the verdict come down around at like 3PM PST?  Not all that late.

Some of us live on the East Coast.  grin

Posted: 30 August 2012 05:42 PM #663

Apple’s Tim Cook in patent talks with Google CEO Larry Page

By Daniel Eran Dilger

Published: 02:21 PM EST (11:21 AM PST)

Apple’s chief executive Tim Cook is reported to be engaged in discussions with his Google counterpart Larry Page, covering mobile patents and related intellectual property disputes between the two.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/30/apples_tim_cook_in_patent_talks_with_google_ceo_larry_page.html

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 30 August 2012 05:45 PM #664

FalKirk - 30 August 2012 08:37 PM

I believe the Romans had a class action agains the Romulans and they’ve taken them for everything they’ve got.

Even the Romulan Ale?

BTW your piece on Techpinions certainly brought the Anti-Apple brigade out in force. How many more pieces to come in the series, Falkirk?

Signature

Posted: 30 August 2012 06:07 PM #665

Red Shirted Ensign - 30 August 2012 08:42 PM

By Daniel Eran Dilger

Apple’s chief executive Tim Cook is reported to be engaged in discussions with his Google counterpart Larry Page, covering mobile patents and related intellectual property disputes between the two.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/30/apples_tim_cook_in_patent_talks_with_google_ceo_larry_page.html

Interesting it doesn’t say if his background source is from Apple or Google. The timing of course suggests Apple.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 30 August 2012 07:53 PM #666

John Molloy - 30 August 2012 08:45 PM

Even the Romulan Ale?

BTW your piece on Techpinions certainly brought the Anti-Apple brigade out in force. How many more pieces to come in the series, Falkirk?

How many do you want? I can do this all day!  LOL

Tomorrow I’m talking about why Android’s platform, but not Android, is inherently flawed. Labor day sneaks in there and steals Monday so I might wait until Tuesday to talk about Satisfaction and Retention. I might sum up at that time or I might write a separate concluding article on Wednesday.

Android has its place. But it’s not the place that most people - including Google - imagined.

Posted: 30 August 2012 09:03 PM #667

FalKirk - 30 August 2012 08:39 PM
    Mav - 30 August 2012 08:02 PM

Uh, didn’t the verdict come down around at like 3PM PST?  Not all that late.

Some of us live on the East Coast.  grin

6PM EST isn’t all that late either. LOL

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 30 August 2012 09:04 PM #668

Red Shirted Ensign - 30 August 2012 08:42 PM

By Daniel Eran Dilger

Reuters article:  http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/08/30/us-google-apple-idUSBRE87T15H20120830

EDIT:  Huh, so I guess Larry Page got his voice back?

[ Edited: 30 August 2012 09:18 PM by Mav ]

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 30 August 2012 09:38 PM #669

Mav - 31 August 2012 12:03 AM

6PM EST isn’t all that late either. LOL

It is at my age ya young whippersmaper ya!

Ah, look what you gone and made me do. ! got all excited and my teeth fell out again.

Posted: 31 August 2012 02:22 AM #670

Burgess - 28 August 2012 10:55 PM

Samsung won’t settle. I wish they would, but the business case for them not to settle is far too strong.

The Jury verdict only really applies to the US market, which while large is only a fraction of the global market. Samsung will simply design around the infringing patents in the USA (and lose some sales), but for the other 95% of the global population it will continue shipping phones as they are now.

Samsung ships 50 million smartphones a quarter (supposedly) - why would it want to pay apple a royalty for the 40 million+ smartphones it ships outside of the USA that have yet to be found as infringing in their respective markets?

Tne glacial speed of judicial systems, combined with the sheer number of countries that samsung ships too that apple would have to proceed court actions in, means Samsung will simply continue business as normal, willfully ripping off Apple at its leisure.

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/12/08/31/japan_court_rules_samsung_does_not_infringe_apple_patents.html

This is the reason why Samsung wont settle - in some big foreign markets it will get wins like this - why would it settle and pay royalties on every phone sold internationally when it gets rulings saying that thsoe products do not infringe in international markets.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

• Posted: 31 August 2012 04:54 AM #671

the discussion is still going on…

Signature

Posted: 31 August 2012 08:43 AM #672

LOL

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs

Posted: 02 September 2012 08:09 PM #674

BTW, anyone notice the FUDzy article on this website dated 8/31, about supposed juror misconduct? Some legal analysis written by a “photographer and technology enthusiast.”

Is it me, or does the main page of this site like FUD and troll bait articles? I’ve seen at least two like this. Are those an aberration?

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007