Mountain Lion!  A Sleeper Upgrade

Posted: 04 August 2012 12:15 AM #16

Sparkie48 - 04 August 2012 02:22 AM

“Is there any fix for this?”

Um, zip the whole folder, then attach that?

Signature

“A body in motion at a constant velocity will remain in motion until pushed out of bounds by the Strong Safety.”    ~  Issac Newton’s First Law of Physics

• Posted: 04 August 2012 01:36 AM #17

I haven’t read this entire thread but I just wanted to say that the biggest problem I have with Apple is that I think the Mac operating system sucks compared to Windows. Don’t get me wrong, it is probably better than Windows in some, if not a lot of, ways but I grew up using Windows so the Mac OS completely sucks to me. I downloaded Lion a while back and it was no better than what I had before. I love iPhone and iPad and my MBA (thin as hell and light as hell) but the OS for Mac ruins all the “PC” Apple products for me.

Posted: 04 August 2012 01:43 AM #18

Well, if you don’t like it now, safe to say you won’t like it for quite a while - if ever.

Macs, iPhones and iPads aren’t for everyone.  In your case just Mac (OS).

If it’s usability/navigation issues advice can be found everywhere.  If it’s you just don’t like the aesthetics/workflow of OS X, that’s not going anywhere.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 04 August 2012 01:48 AM #19

Mav - 04 August 2012 04:43 AM

Well, if you don’t like it now, safe to say you won’t like it for quite a while - if ever.

Macs, iPhones and iPads aren’t for everyone.  In your case just Mac (OS).

If it’s usability/navigation issues advice can be found everywhere.  If it’s you just don’t like the aesthetics/workflow of OS X, that’s not going anywhere.

More than anything it’s just that I don’t know how to use it and I don’t want to learn another system. So, to me, that sucks.

Edited to say that I am typing right now on my MBP.

Posted: 04 August 2012 05:44 AM #20

For the first time in a while I found myself frustrated by the MacOS and all the mousing around to get things done. They put some stuff in the dock. They put other, sometimes related, stuff in the title bar. And in the system preferences and under the apple menu and behind a right click and option key and a drag-n-drop and… You get the picture. If you have ‘grown up’ with Mac and have all the power user tricks at your fingertips the MacOS is a shortcut to performance. But coming in from some other system (even iOS) I agree with AT that it does not “just work”. Like tennis and charades - both are games with rules and culture, but completely unrelated in practice.

Signature

Use your powers for good.

• Posted: 09 August 2012 10:24 AM #21

adamthompson32 - 04 August 2012 04:36 AM

I haven’t read this entire thread but I just wanted to say that the biggest problem I have with Apple is that I think the Mac operating system sucks compared to Windows. Don’t get me wrong, it is probably better than Windows in some, if not a lot of, ways but I grew up using Windows so the Mac OS completely sucks to me. I downloaded Lion a while back and it was no better than what I had before. I love iPhone and iPad and my MBA (thin as hell and light as hell) but the OS for Mac ruins all the “PC” Apple products for me.

You’re entitled to your opinion, but I use both and there’s no comparison.  As you admitted, your preference is based on familiarity.  So why even comment?  It’s like saying you prefer longhand division because you can’t work a ten key.  And the ten key most certainly does not suck. 

I have to use Winblows because of enterprise software that costs $10k per year—and it’s terrible to boot.  For 25+ years, I’ve worked around the Wintel world, so I’m no PC dilettante.

I used to run 4 Macs w/Parallels and Winblows.  I’m down to 2.  And like most of the rest of the world that has a clue, I will most certainly NOT be “upgrading” to Windows 8.

• Posted: 25 September 2012 01:18 AM #23

10.8.2 is not in the market and the new OS continues to get better. The integration with iCloud with simply superb.