AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 10 August 2012 03:15 AM #286

Nevyn - betas in name or effect:

OS X 10.0 and 10.1

Safari

iChat AV

iTunes Music Store (sorta)

Boot Camp

MobileMe - some beta stuff (obviously, a net “disaster” but quite unimportant to Apple’s overall fortunes in the scheme of things)

Siri

There _is_ some history of beta culture with Apple.  Siri really had to be a beta.  It needed metric tons of voice input and learning that a normal public beta couldn’t provide.

[ Edited: 10 August 2012 03:17 AM by Mav ]

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 August 2012 03:19 AM #287

nkmho - 10 August 2012 05:30 AM

Looks like a range between 590 and 650 next week. Pretty large wall of calls at 650.

650 next week…not so sure.

But a bullish Monday?  Very good possibility, depending on the market and the extent of any AAPL pinning action (as it turned out, the 615+ close on Friday was a good tell).  May place a momo/swing trade depending on how tomorrow turns out.

May also try to catch butterflies for tomorrow after my earnings ones got toasted.  Wish me luck, Chas! LOL

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 August 2012 04:13 AM #288

Can someone tell me what happens to options when the stock splits?  If I sold 10 contracts for January 2014 with a strike price if 800, and then Apple splits 2:1 does the owner of the contract automatically own 20 contracts at 400?

Posted: 10 August 2012 04:20 AM #289

Yep.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 10 August 2012 08:14 AM #290

Back to the AAPL dependence on Samsung.  I guess what you are all telling me is that they are screwed without Samsung.  They are trying to diversify but from what I am gathering no one out there can provide the product or quantities that AAPL needs like Samsung does.  If I am understanding you (most of you) correctly…this is a HUGE problem particularly with the lawsuit.  Sounds like Samsung can “stick it” to AAPL whenever it feels like it.  It’s certainly not a good thing that they are so dependent…and it also seems like they could wreak havoc with AAPL whenever they so choose by simply disrupting the supply. Am I understanding this correctly?

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 10 August 2012 08:26 AM #291

Phoebear611 - 10 August 2012 11:14 AM

Back to the AAPL dependence on Samsung.  I guess what you are all telling me is that they are screwed without Samsung.  They are trying to diversify but from what I am gathering no one out there can provide the product or quantities that AAPL needs like Samsung does.  If I am understanding you (most of you) correctly…this is a HUGE problem particularly with the lawsuit.  Sounds like Samsung can “stick it” to AAPL whenever it feels like it.  It’s certainly not a good thing that they are so dependent…and it also seems like they could wreak havoc with AAPL whenever they so choose by simply disrupting the supply. Am I understanding this correctly?

Apple is slowly moving away from Samsung and this is a BIG problem for Sammy NOT Apple. Samsung took the short road to profits but the longer portion of that road will get increasingly bumpy for them.

cheers to the longs
          JohnG

Posted: 10 August 2012 09:03 AM #292

Mav - 10 August 2012 06:19 AM

May also try to catch butterflies for tomorrow after my earnings ones got toasted.  Wish me luck, Chas! LOL

Might be a good day for it Mav, expect lots of sideways action. I was thinking the same but not sure I want to spend all day watching it. Good luck!

• Posted: 10 August 2012 09:43 AM #293

johnG - 10 August 2012 11:26 AM
    Phoebear611 - 10 August 2012 11:14 AM

Apple is slowly moving away from Samsung and this is a BIG problem for Sammy NOT Apple. Samsung took the short road to profits but the longer portion of that road will get increasingly bumpy for them.

cheers to the longs
          JohnG

Apple has 26% part dependence on Samsung for Iphone parts as it is ( court case revealed) and that is also making over 20% of samsungs overall business. Any abrupt move would seriously damage both companies. Over time, I can see Apple lowering it, but they probably don’t want to be completely free of Samsung. They are still very valuable for volume/ speed for parts.

Posted: 10 August 2012 11:41 AM #294

I wonder if we could drift up closer to 625 instead go 620…... :oh:

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 10 August 2012 11:53 AM #295

Red Shirted Ensign - 10 August 2012 02:41 PM

If not today, Monday. 

I dumped my JCP too early this morning (GTC order), but still eked out enough gain to buy a new pair of shoes.  :wink:

• Posted: 10 August 2012 11:58 AM #296

HP’s “Make it Matter” ads are pretty good, if not derivative of “Here’s to the Crazy Ones.”

Too bad HP doesn’t have the chops to make products that are worthy of the hype.

Posted: 10 August 2012 12:08 PM #297

Mercel - 10 August 2012 02:53 PM

If not today, Monday. 

I dumped my JCP too early this morning (GTC order), but still eked out enough gain to buy a new pair of shoes.  :wink:

At Nordstrom

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 10 August 2012 12:25 PM #298

I am on vacation and I can’t log in as the sponge.:(

Will have to spend more time at Braeburn group.

Tempted in buying today but will hold off.

• Posted: 10 August 2012 12:27 PM #299

Red Shirted Ensign - 10 August 2012 03:08 PM

If not today, Monday. 

At Nordstrom

Yeah, don’t tell Ron.  I don’t want to make Ron mad.  You wouldn’t like to see Ron mad.

Posted: 10 August 2012 12:51 PM #300

Mercel - 10 August 2012 03:27 PM
    Red Shirted Ensign - 10 August 2012 03:08 PM

If not today, Monday. 

At Nordstrom

Yeah, don’t tell Ron.  I don’t want to make Ron mad.  You wouldn’t like to see Ron mad.

Turley Muller:  If $JCP loses some more margins it soon will be in $AMZN territory and thus fully deserve a 250x PE multiple

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching