AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 10 August 2012 01:11 PM #301

Nevyn - 10 August 2012 04:57 AM
    rutgersguy92 - 09 August 2012 09:28 PM
    Phoebear611 - 09 August 2012 08:54 PM

Well…it’s summer
    And the USA Women’s Soccer Team just won the Gold
    And AAPL closed above 620
    So, all is not bad in the world…actually, all is pretty cool.

Great game.  These girls remind me of the ‘80 Olympic hockey team the way they pulled you in for the ride, but minus the political implications.  Japan is a classy team, and I thought their coach was outstanding.  Canada is a nice team, as well.

Four Jersey girls on this team, including Rampone (who grew up and went to college not far from me); and Carli Lloyd, who went to Rutgers (others are Tobin Heath and Heather O’Reilly).

Canada should have won against USA. There two really bad calls against Canada that cost
    Them the game.

Perhaps. There was also a non-call in the Japan game when it appeared a USA player had a handball in the box, which would have called for a penalty kick. The Japan coach very classily and confidently smiled, when most coaches would have gone ballistic; I liked that about him. In yesterday’s game, Japan had a number of scoring opportunities, and I thought for sure they were going to tie it. But these two teams are very evenly matched, as their history over the last few years shows.

[ Edited: 10 August 2012 03:33 PM by rutgersguy92 ]      
  • Posted: 10 August 2012 01:37 PM #302

jjjz - 10 August 2012 03:51 PM

Turley Muller:  If $JCP loses some more margins it soon will be in $AMZN territory and thus fully deserve a 250x PE multiple

If you’re trying to piss me off, it’s working.  LOL

Posted: 10 August 2012 01:45 PM #303

AAPL IV at 0.16 on TOS

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs

• Posted: 10 August 2012 01:47 PM #304

Can you believe this…David Faber reported that JPM is sponsoring a few meetings for FB management today with large institutions in order to get them motivated/interested to buy stock because a ton of stock is coming to market on the 16th and they are trying to support it!

WTF! Why on earth would any of these people (institutions) buy it in front of what seems to be a tsunami of stock hitting the market on an overvalued stock not just next week but in the months ahead?! I can’t even believe FB is still above $20!  It’s insane!

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 10 August 2012 03:00 PM #305

Anemic volume.  The EO have not only left for the Hamptons, they’ve turned off the machines.

• Posted: 10 August 2012 03:01 PM #306

Seems a bit strange that 620 is indeed the PIN just because it has been on or around it the whole day. Could be a last 15 min 5 point jump? though, aaplpain weekly shows 615 as the PIN.

Posted: 10 August 2012 03:07 PM #307

Apple volatility is near the 52 week low and I am looking to buy some April options. Can someone explain to me how to calculate the trade-off between low volatility versus higher stock price?  In other words, how do I know if it’s better whether to buy a call option with volatility at 22 and stock-price at 620 versus the option price with volatility at 30 and the stock price at 610 (just for example)?

Signature

Study the natural order of things and work with it rather than against it…  ? Tao Te Ching

• Posted: 10 August 2012 03:33 PM #308

jjjz - 10 August 2012 06:07 PM

Apple volatility is near the 52 week low and I am looking to buy some April options. Can someone explain to me how to calculate the trade-off between low volatility versus higher stock price?  In other words, how do I know if it’s better whether to buy a call option with volatility at 22 and stock-price at 620 versus the option price with volatility at 30 and the stock price at 610 (just for example)?

Go to the CBOE website and go under tools at the top.  There is an options calculator in which you can mess around with numbers.

• Posted: 10 August 2012 03:35 PM #309

Mercel - 10 August 2012 06:00 PM

Anemic volume.  The EO have not only left for the Hamptons, they’ve turned off the machines.

Yeah, and AAPL looks to be pinned right at $620.00.  With the volume such as it is, I’m inclined to close all of my positions (including next week’s expiry) before the Close today.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

• Posted: 10 August 2012 03:35 PM #310

jjjz - 10 August 2012 06:07 PM

Go to the CBOE website and go under tools at the top.  There is an options calculator in which you can mess around with numbers

Posted: 10 August 2012 03:46 PM #311

Oh ho!  621…

It’s early, but…

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 August 2012 03:47 PM #312

thealct - 10 August 2012 06:01 PM

Seems a bit strange that 620 is indeed the PIN just because it has been on or around it the whole day. Could be a last 15 min 5 point jump? though, aaplpain weekly shows 615 as the PIN.

Travis never sets an exact pin on his site, only a range. Dunno where you get 615 from, since if you look at his OI graph, it seems like 620 is the sweet spot.

• Posted: 10 August 2012 03:50 PM #313

nkmho - 10 August 2012 06:47 PM

Travis never sets an exact pin on his site, only a range. Dunno where you get 615 from, since if you look at his OI graph, it seems like 620 is the sweet spot.

Yep thats right, however if you look at the weekly chart, the intersection point of puts to calls is usual a good place for a PIN where they expire worthless. hence 615

• Posted: 10 August 2012 03:55 PM #314

thealct - 10 August 2012 06:50 PM
    nkmho - 10 August 2012 06:47 PM

Yep thats right, however if you look at the weekly chart, the intersection point of puts to calls is usual a good place for a PIN where they expire worthless. hence 615

It looks to me like the intersection is 620 though.  Price action indicates 620 is the pin - not 615.

Posted: 10 August 2012 04:16 PM #315

Hm…thinking about a momo trade (which could also act as a swing trade).

Maybe a Nov 12 just in case.  AAPL breaking through any OpEx barriers is still meaningful even if some of the machines are on vacation.

All depends on the last phase of trading.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.