AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

  • Avatar

    Posted: 06 August 2012 12:12 PM #46

    Can someone please confirm the earliest date that I can sell (at the open) if I want to be eligible for dividends?  Is it on the ex-div date of Aug 9th?  I’m thinking of unloading a few shares just to lock in some profits but would like to get the div at least given so close already.  Thank you, appreciate it! (:

         
  • Posted: 06 August 2012 12:20 PM #47

    double rainbow - 06 August 2012 03:12 PM

    Can someone please confirm the earliest date that I can sell (at the open) if I want to be eligible for dividends?  Is it on the ex-div date of Aug 9th?  I’m thinking of unloading a few shares just to lock in some profits but would like to get the div at least given so close already.  Thank you, appreciate it! (:

    If you buy AAPL on Aug 9 2012, you won’t be receiving dividend. Consequently, if you sell on Aug 9, you will receive dividend .

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 06 August 2012 12:21 PM #48

    double rainbow - 06 August 2012 03:12 PM

    Can someone please confirm the earliest date that I can sell (at the open) if I want to be eligible for dividends?  Is it on the ex-div date of Aug 9th?  I’m thinking of unloading a few shares just to lock in some profits but would like to get the div at least given so close already.  Thank you, appreciate it! (:

    You need to buy the shares no later then Wednesday .

    We shoul drop a little on Thursday and everyone will feel bad.

    No worries we should start to move back up on the Monday after the dividend is issued.

         
  • Posted: 06 August 2012 12:22 PM #49

    omacvi - 06 August 2012 02:03 PM

    Good Morning


    I am now the proud owner of a few LEAP contracts.  800 Jan14.

    They are red for the moment, but in 10 months they will give me 700% returns. :-D


    Our stock is stuck under 620.  Let’s see what happens next week following the dividend.

    I’m with you there.  Had my 800s a while along with my 700 2014s.  Also some BCS 750-810 and more 600-610s.

         
  • Posted: 06 August 2012 12:26 PM #50

    mstefa - 06 August 2012 01:59 PM
    thealct - 06 August 2012 01:54 PM

    Everyone is patiently waiting to see if 618.50 - 620 breaks with solid volume. We need a 500-750K+ block to move the needle beyond 620. No wonder the 620 calls look cheap

    and if you’re like ILovemyIpad, you’d wait for a ” second time through” before committing , right?

    Not exactly, if it was light breakout then yes, if a heavy volume breakout, there is upside left in this rally. This could possibly last until Wednesday. There will be heavy selling on the ex divi day (9th) where divi folks could exit, and aligns well with Th-Fri weekly down days and PIN thereafter. There will be another buying opportunity pre iphone 5 announcement, and another “Sell the News” event. This one could take us 570-600 for the next ride to earnings run back to 625. That is my game plan.

    [ Edited: 06 August 2012 12:30 PM by thealct ]      
  • Posted: 06 August 2012 12:38 PM #51

    omacvi - 06 August 2012 03:21 PM
    double rainbow - 06 August 2012 03:12 PM

    Can someone please confirm the earliest date that I can sell (at the open) if I want to be eligible for dividends?  Is it on the ex-div date of Aug 9th?  I’m thinking of unloading a few shares just to lock in some profits but would like to get the div at least given so close already.  Thank you, appreciate it! (:

    You need to buy the shares no later then Wednesday .

    We shoul drop a little on Thursday and everyone will feel bad.

    No worries we should start to move back up on the Monday after the dividend is issued.

    See that is what the boys want you to think. it will drop Th-Fri ONLY. I think it drops some more (puts) the following week as funds will exit (more supply than demand). We will recover quickly and it will present a buying opportunity again for the announcement run. Looking at gains Apple provides consistently, the question- is the divi really that material to the investment gains.

    [ Edited: 06 August 2012 12:43 PM by thealct ]      
  • Avatar

    Posted: 06 August 2012 01:13 PM #52

    thealct - 06 August 2012 03:38 PM
    omacvi - 06 August 2012 03:21 PM
    double rainbow - 06 August 2012 03:12 PM

    Can someone please confirm the earliest date that I can sell (at the open) if I want to be eligible for dividends?  Is it on the ex-div date of Aug 9th?  I’m thinking of unloading a few shares just to lock in some profits but would like to get the div at least given so close already.  Thank you, appreciate it! (:

    You need to buy the shares no later then Wednesday .

    We shoul drop a little on Thursday and everyone will feel bad.

    No worries we should start to move back up on the Monday after the dividend is issued.

    See that is what the boys want you to think. it will drop Th-Fri ONLY. I think it drops some more (puts) the following week as funds will exit (more supply than demand). We will recover quickly and it will present a buying opportunity again for the announcement run. Looking at gains Apple provides consistently, the question- is the divi really that material to the investment gains.

    We will find out soon how the stock reacts.  I just don’t think it will move that much in either direction.

    The bigger target now is 644 and when do we reach it?

         
  • Posted: 06 August 2012 01:45 PM #53

    In addition to the shares I purchased, I put in an order for April $650’s @ $46.65.  The bid hit it a few times, but the ask never did.  Ended up adding to the position at $47.35 at 9:44:44 this morning smile

    Still have dry powder.

         
  • Posted: 06 August 2012 01:57 PM #54

    omacvi - 06 August 2012 02:32 PM
    mstefa - 06 August 2012 02:26 PM
    greedyn00b - 06 August 2012 02:14 PM
    omacvi - 06 August 2012 02:03 PM

    They are red for the moment, but in 10 months they will give me 700% returns. :-D

    You sound so certain and precise about that! Last time I bought far-out far-OTM leaps I expected 500% and got 850%.

    Just sayin’, don’t be too sure about that number wink


    (Of course, thanks to stupid restrictions on accounts at brokers that I have since dumped, I was only able to invest a tiny tiny portion of what I wanted to. 9.5x almost nothing is still not all that much. Sigh.)

    Question is, do we go for 2014 now, or we wait a month and load 2015 up?

    Both:)

    I was projecting 1700% on a very OTM leap.  Mercel talked me out of it.  If we hit that target, I will send him a bill for $180K for lost profits.wink

    I have a bunch of 2014 960’s, they go down really fast and swing big with IV spikes and dips but if AAPL hits where I think it will by mid to late next year, should be at least a 10 bagger or prob 15.

         
  • Posted: 06 August 2012 02:32 PM #55

    ?That?s good news, but doesn?t begin to tell the whole story,? said Vincent Schiavone, co-founder and CEO of ListenLogic. ?Based on what we heard from six million social conversations, the only conclusion we can logically reach is that the launch of the iPhone5 will be epic.?

    ListenLogic has built its own real-time, big-data stream platform offering performance well beyond Hadoop and designed to provide market research, analytics and consumer behavioral insights to corporate clients. This ability to draw insights from massive amounts of enterprise and unstructured data allows companies to better manage risks across the enterprise and better engage customers.

    iPhone release will be epic

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 06 August 2012 04:14 PM #56

    Solidly holding in the 623 area, volume could be a bit stronger but it is August and each share does cost $623..(not like trading MSFT, after all).

    If we enter the last twenty minutes in this range we could see an end of day pop….maybe…..possibly…...

    Signature

    AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 06 August 2012 04:15 PM #57

    roni - 06 August 2012 04:45 PM

    In addition to the shares I purchased, I put in an order for April $650’s @ $46.65.  The bid hit it a few times, but the ask never did.  Ended up adding to the position at $47.35 at 9:44:44 this morning smile

    Still have dry powder.

    I guess this means 2 things.  You don’t expect any significant pull back to buy in at a lower price and expect AAPL to be well above $700 in April or earlier.  I hope you’re right on both counts.

    Signature

    Waiting to be included in one of Apple’s target markets, but I still own an iPod, iPhone and iMac and APPL stock.

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 06 August 2012 04:30 PM #58

    rickag - 06 August 2012 07:15 PM
    roni - 06 August 2012 04:45 PM

    In addition to the shares I purchased, I put in an order for April $650’s @ $46.65.  The bid hit it a few times, but the ask never did.  Ended up adding to the position at $47.35 at 9:44:44 this morning smile

    Still have dry powder.

    I guess this means 2 things.  You don’t expect any significant pull back to buy in at a lower price and expect AAPL to be well above $700 in April or earlier.  I hope you’re right on both counts.

    Looks like the institutions picked up another 600,000 shares today.  I’m hoping for more of the same through Wednesday.

    I’m expecting te the post ex-div date pullback Thurs/Fri as well…..

    Signature

    Because Longer is better…....

         
  • Avatar

    Posted: 06 August 2012 04:35 PM #59

    Red Shirted Ensign - 06 August 2012 07:14 PM

    Solidly holding in the 623 area, volume could be a bit stronger but it is August and each share does cost $623..(not like trading MSFT, after all).

    If we enter the last twenty minutes in this range we could see an end of day pop….maybe…..possibly…...

    $625.xx would be swell.

    Signature

    Because Longer is better…....

         
  • Posted: 06 August 2012 04:41 PM #60

    rickag - 06 August 2012 07:15 PM
    roni - 06 August 2012 04:45 PM

    In addition to the shares I purchased, I put in an order for April $650’s @ $46.65.  The bid hit it a few times, but the ask never did.  Ended up adding to the position at $47.35 at 9:44:44 this morning smile

    Still have dry powder.

    I guess this means 2 things.  You don’t expect any significant pull back to buy in at a lower price and expect AAPL to be well above $700 in April or earlier.  I hope you’re right on both counts.

    I would not be surprised by a further pullback, hence the 27% cash position.

    I expect TTM earnings after Q1 2013 to be around $55 a share, and the share price to be at least 14 times that figure before the end of March, 2013.

    Those expectations are a result of substantial tempering after the most recent earnings report.