Advertising and what it might indicate concerning sales

Posted: 07 August 2012 09:03 AM

I noticed that Apple has been advertising the iPhone and the iPad more agressively in the last two weeks here in Germany. Since Germany seems to be one of the markets in Europe in which Apple is not growing so strongly (e.g., compared to the UK) I think that they want to prevent another lackluster quarter. Has anybody else noticed an increase in advertising in your countries? And could this mean that sales have been further weakened in the last few weeks of this quarter and Apple is trying to react to it?

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein

Posted: 07 August 2012 05:50 PM #1

I subscribe to The Economist, and have noticed a couple of back-cover ads for the 4S.  I’m pretty sure this is the US edition (not sure what the other ones editions have), but I thought it was pretty interesting.  Forgot about it until I saw this thread. 

To me, it seems they’re still pushing the 4S in other countries, to avoid the bad iPhone quarter, to a degree.  Which means, potentially late September/early October iPhone 5 release. 

Not sure how it’s going to work now that customers have gotten the hang of the yearly cycle.

• Posted: 07 August 2012 10:28 PM #2

The genius ads are done.  That’s progress

• Posted: 08 August 2012 12:23 AM #3

A new “All on iPad” ad.  I approve of this message..
    http://www.tuaw.com/2012/08/07/apple-rolls-out-new-all-on-ipad-ad/

Posted: 08 August 2012 12:58 AM #4

Mercel - 08 August 2012 03:23 AM

A new “All on iPad” ad.  I approve of this message..
    http://www.tuaw.com/2012/08/07/apple-rolls-out-new-all-on-ipad-ad/

Much better…showcasing the power and grace of the product…

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 09 August 2012 02:56 AM #5

The iPad & iPhone 4S are being promoted heavily here in New Zealand at present. Several Macbook Pro Retina ads as well.

I recall this happening last year before the 4S introduction also.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 09 August 2012 11:35 AM #6

I just saw the iPad 2 on a shopping network(QVC ?).  This was disconcerting to me on a gut level.  Has anyone ever seen Apple products sold on a shopping network, this was a first for me?

Signature

Waiting to be included in one of Apple’s target markets, but I still own an iPod, iPhone and iMac and APPL stock.