AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 13 August 2012 01:56 PM #46

Red Shirted Ensign - 13 August 2012 04:48 PM

Nope, we will test our HOD in the next hour. I think….

3 card monte anybody ?    Winner gets a .... (I dunno). 

The secrecy pipeline is turning into an irrigation system.

• Posted: 13 August 2012 01:59 PM #47

rutgersguy92 - 13 August 2012 04:05 PM
    jkao - 13 August 2012 04:02 PM

Sitting in a cafe in Cambridge MA—I count 6 Macs and one lonely netbook.

Which square might you be in - Kendall, Central or Harvard?

Harvard Sq. (Cambridge St. Darwin’s Ltd.), though observations in Kendall are comparable. Are you local, then?

Posted: 13 August 2012 02:32 PM #48

Worth watching….

” I **WANT** the iPhone 5!! “

http://youtu.be/3j-iD6wvxQo

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

Posted: 13 August 2012 02:45 PM #49

Thx Tan.

It is worth watching for all AFB’ers.

Posted: 13 August 2012 03:07 PM #50

jkao - 13 August 2012 04:59 PM

Harvard Sq. (Cambridge St. Darwin’s Ltd.), though observations in Kendall are comparable. Are you local, then?

I went to school in Cambridge, but lived on the Boston side near Kenmore Square.  But I know Cambridge pretty well.  Since I left, a number of companies have spring up -  some in the shadow of MIT (e.g., there is life sciences incubator center on Mass Ave) - which I would have loved to work for.

I retired from a NJ biotech in 2010 (we did well with stock options when Lilly bought us in 2008), but like to do part-time consulting, and would even jump back in with a small start-up company with an exciting story or product. The Boston area has a lot of these in the biotech and green tech industries, whereas NJ (where I live) is pretty dead on this front.  However, I have pretty deep roots which keep me from re-locating, so I keep content with trading AAPL.

Are you a student or professor, or independently wealthy?

Posted: 13 August 2012 03:38 PM #51

Tetrachloride - 13 August 2012 04:56 PM

We hit the HOD and now will test 630

I’m retiring. Can’t do any better than today on the Karnac meter….

:wink:  LOL

[ Edited: 13 August 2012 05:01 PM by Red Shirted Ensign ]

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 13 August 2012 03:56 PM #52

Thanks to #$%*#%& Hewitt FS, I am now 40% cash (had to sell all ETFs for the rollover) and 60% AAPL shares in my 401k/IRA accounts, but at least the cash is available for trading now on E-trade.  Now what to do?  Buy a few hundred AAPL at near ATH?  Wait for dip?  Calls?  Leaps?  Arrrgh!!!

• Posted: 13 August 2012 04:01 PM #53

Well, it doesn’t look like we’re going to get a post divvy sell off.  Volume could be better still.  My August contracts that I Closed on Friday are doing very well(dammit), and only half my play this morning got filled.  Other than that, I’m doing well.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

• Posted: 13 August 2012 04:06 PM #54

rutgersguy92 - 13 August 2012 06:07 PM
    jkao - 13 August 2012 04:59 PM

I went to school in Cambridge, but lived on the Boston side near Kenmore Square.  But I know Cambridge pretty well.  Since I left, a number of companies have spring up -  some in the shadow of MIT (e.g., there is life sciences incubator center on Mass Ave) - which I would have loved to work for.

I retired from a NJ biotech in 2010 (we did well with stock options when Lilly bought us in 2008), but like to do part-time consulting, and would even jump back in with a small start-up company with an exciting story or product. The Boston area has a lot of these in the biotech and green tech industries, whereas NJ (where I live) is pretty dead on this front.  However, I have pretty deep roots which keep me from re-locating, so I keep content with trading AAPL.

Well I am a parent of a current Harvard student and I can tell you that none of my son’s friends have a pc….NONE.  I will also tell you that his whole team ONLY uses iPhones and when there were a few kids left sending out their Blackberry PINS - the other boys suggested they upgrade to the future.  These kids are committed to the product.  When I go visit I always look around Harvard Square to see what people are using and that is ALL I see by a wide margin.  There is also an AAPL store there.
    Also, my niece just received a full ride to NYIT and is “required” to get a Mac.  It made me giddy.  Love it.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 13 August 2012 04:33 PM #55

How are the aapl Shorts doing today?  .......................  winning?    :eg:

Posted: 13 August 2012 04:34 PM #56

AAPL IV dropped like a rock, at least as reflected through VXAPL.  Seeing no good explanation for it, I bought some unhedged calls today.

AAPL seems to be trading very well.  If it holds 625 today, that’s big, because it’s broken “resistance” from way back in April.  The momo trade may be on, if only for a moment.  I’m trying my best not be the AFB contrarian indicator here LOL, but there’s still reason to be cautiously optimistic.

Other stocks:  LVS got tanked again.  Right after I buy in, some more news I don’t need comes out.  rolleyes  Well, that’s why I keep non-AAPL trades to side bets most times.

GOOG - uh…what.  Moto isn’t working for them, so either investors are cheering those sizable layoffs or some momo technical silliness is currently working its way out of the stock.  Then again, GOOG hasn’t seen 700 in years, so this is hardly ATH territory we’re talking about.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 13 August 2012 04:44 PM #57

Ensign, are you one of those Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chartists?  wink

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 13 August 2012 04:45 PM #58

rutgersguy92 - 13 August 2012 06:07 PM

No longer a student and not yet a professor or independently wealthy, but if AAPL keeps up, I may get there yet!

• Posted: 13 August 2012 04:50 PM #59

Red Shirted Ensign - 13 August 2012 06:38 PM
    Tetrachloride - 13 August 2012 04:56 PM

We hit the HOD and now will test 630

You missed by about a half hour but I think I still owe you a beer. Cheers.

Posted: 13 August 2012 04:51 PM #60

Ensign is looking downright prescient today.

And yet, thanks to Mercel LOL, I think of this:

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.