Weekend Updates

• Posted: 17 August 2012 08:07 PM #31

rezonate - 17 August 2012 09:46 PM

Lastly, was discussing AAPL over coffee with a complete tech layman, who said “Have you heard about the new Apple iPhone dock connector? If they release that the stock will tank, unless Apple also releases adapters.” the person is smart but did not convince me. Define “tank”: 10%? 20%? Over a *cable*? Just not seeing it. So just another tiny data point to chew on.

Silly, I agree.

Posted: 17 August 2012 08:26 PM #32

Let’s savor this, before we talk about imminent collapses and retraces and selling the news?

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 17 August 2012 09:09 PM #33

You reacll that Apple was saying that Car manufacturer were looking into incorporating the iPhone in the car?

Haven’t seen much of it (apart for a USB hub)

Could the new connector be an answer to a request from the car manufacturer while improving the design?

• Posted: 17 August 2012 09:20 PM #34

Can someone please tell me that this is all just par for the course and that I should not fret and can have a good weekend? Please.

http://techcrunch.com/2012/08/17/google-files-new-patent-lawsuit-against-apple-seeks-to-block-iphone-ipad-mac-imports-to-u-s/

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 17 August 2012 09:27 PM #35

*clicks and drags*

*copy*

*paste*

This is all just par for the course and (you) should not fret and can have a good weekend.

[ Edited: 17 August 2012 09:45 PM by Mav ]

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 17 August 2012 09:47 PM #36

michelc - 18 August 2012 12:09 AM

You reacll that Apple was saying that Car manufacturer were looking into incorporating the iPhone in the car?

Haven’t seen much of it (apart for a USB hub)

Could the new connector be an answer to a request from the car manufacturer while improving the design?

Nah.  Apple won’t make a dock connector for such a “small” market as auto integration.  It made the change on its own.  I’m actually surprised the Dock Connector has stuck around as long as it has.

Eyes Free integration is supposed to happen in the 12 months from WWDC.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 17 August 2012 09:48 PM #37

roni - 17 August 2012 09:58 PM

I am also going to pick up a bottle of special wine on the way home.

Mad-Dog or Thunderbird

choices, choices smile

My favorites!  I’ll be over… did you keep the brown sacks?  Have you got a lean-to in the back yard?

Signature

The only way to change the perception, is to change the reality.

Posted: 17 August 2012 09:53 PM #38

So a couple things. First, mint juleps.

Second, my read is “buy the rumor” in anticipation of “sell the news”. There are no credible rumors and yet all kinds of not-so-crazy rumors lately: iTV, iPad Air/Nano/whathaveyou, iPhone 5, 13"MBPr, new iMac. So buy buy buy in now for whichever-all rumor finally turns true and then sell sell sell.

Lastly, was discussing AAPL over coffee with a complete tech layman, who said “Have you heard about the new Apple iPhone dock connector? If they release that the stock will tank, unless Apple also releases adapters.” the person is smart but did not convince me. Define “tank”: 10%? 20%? Over a *cable*? Just not seeing it. So just another tiny data point to chew on.

A fun article to skim about the rumored cable, with pictures: http://itsmorereal.tumblr.com/post/29480903669/the-foolproof-dock-connector

Good article on what many would think is such a simple and overlooked cable.  It looks like Apple wants to own this feature too.

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

• Posted: 17 August 2012 10:14 PM #39

Dennyhil - 18 August 2012 12:48 AM
    roni - 17 August 2012 09:58 PM

I am also going to pick up a bottle of special wine on the way home.

Mad-Dog or Thunderbird

choices, choices smile

My favorites!  I’ll be over… did you keep the brown sacks?  Have you got a lean-to in the back yard?

+1

I got something better than a Cardboardeaux smile

• Posted: 17 August 2012 10:17 PM #40

I didn’t vote in this poll, but clearly John Browett, Apple’s retail guy in charge, isn’t very popular in this one.

• Posted: 17 August 2012 10:19 PM #41

This rocket is just getting started.

Posted: 17 August 2012 10:22 PM #42

Is Browett in that rocket?

(A question that could be answered in several different ways…)

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 17 August 2012 10:23 PM #43

Mercel - 17 August 2012 11:07 PM

Silly, I agree.

Not only silly, probably moot.  Apple is likely to have an adapter solution.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 17 August 2012 10:55 PM #44

Red Shirted Ensign - 17 August 2012 09:06 PM

Romulan Ale…the good blue stuff.

Somebody really wanted to own this stock today. The cynical side of me, (my best side) thinks we are going to get some news early next week that will confirm some of the better rumors out there…...Today’s action on a sleepy August Friday is just a bit hard to fathom without an underlying basis…and price targets don’t count.

A bullish conference call between Peter Oppenheimer and analysts didn’t hurt, I suspect. But they were primed to be pumped.

Posted: 17 August 2012 10:59 PM #45

Prazan - 18 August 2012 01:55 AM
    Red Shirted Ensign - 17 August 2012 09:06 PM

Romulan Ale…the good blue stuff.

Somebody really wanted to own this stock today. The cynical side of me, (my best side) thinks we are going to get some news early next week that will confirm some of the better rumors out there…...Today’s action on a sleepy August Friday is just a bit hard to fathom without an underlying basis…and price targets don’t count.

A bullish conference call between Peter Oppenheimer and analysts didn’t hurt, I suspect. But they were primed to be pumped.

This, in case you missed it.

http://9to5mac.com/2012/08/17/apple-cfo-confidence-in-conference-call-equals-itv-launch/

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.