AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 20 August 2012 12:22 PM #91

PED has taken some analysts to task for their “underwater” price targets:

Look whose Apple price targets are underwater

Posted: 20 August 2012 12:24 PM #92

Will AAPL finally surpass the retail price of the first Apple I this week, $666.66? It has only been 36 years…

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs

• Posted: 20 August 2012 12:35 PM #93

anyone want to guess the close?

• Posted: 20 August 2012 12:36 PM #94

Beating the Nas by 250 basis points now. Very good day so far. I may be up 11,000% soon!:)

Posted: 20 August 2012 12:39 PM #95

My gut tells me some “well informed” speculator firms smell a split coming.

{...I KNOW, I know, but the psychological factor is real, despite what the bean counters will reply with…}

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

• Posted: 20 August 2012 12:42 PM #96

This is unbelievable.

• Posted: 20 August 2012 12:43 PM #97

TanToday - 20 August 2012 03:39 PM

{...I KNOW, I know, but the psychological factor is real, despite what the bean counters will reply with…}

The conspiracy theories are all entertaining but AAPL isn’t overvalued or doing anything out of the ordinary here so no conspiracy theory needed to explain it. AAPL has the cash to increase the buy back by 500% and divididend by 500% and still grow its cash. Finally the WS geniuses are realizing that.

Posted: 20 August 2012 12:45 PM #98

volume continues to be strong, this is incredible.  I’ve had my finger on the trigger since divy week to pull some profit and lower my exposure.  SOOOOOOOO glad I haven’t - YET!

Signature

Because Longer is better…....

• Posted: 20 August 2012 12:47 PM #99

adamthompson32 - 20 August 2012 03:43 PM
    TanToday - 20 August 2012 03:39 PM

The conspiracy theories are all entertaining but AAPL isn’t overvalued or doing anything out of the ordinary here so no conspiracy theory needed to explain it. AAPL has the cash to increase the buy back by 500% and divididend by 500% and still grow its cash. Finally the WS geniuses are realizing that.

Agreed that no conspiracy theories are needed… how about that institutional investors are learning that
    a. iPhone is not delayed
    b. iPad mini is coming soon
    c. full ATV is coming soon

these three factors lead to many many more billions in earnings, and sooner rather than later.

• Posted: 20 August 2012 12:54 PM #100

Does anyone know the average time between a product being announced and when invitations go out? Is it one week?  For example, might Apple be planning on cratering news of MSFT and MOTO’s already announced product launches on 9/5 by sending out announcements that day for the 9/12 iPhone announcement. 

Even though 9/12 is all but confirmed, I’m thinking that the day the invitations get sent out may still have some material impact on the stock one way or another - perhaps selling on the news or buying on the confirmation of the event.

Posted: 20 August 2012 12:59 PM #101

burtonair - 20 August 2012 03:54 PM

Does anyone know the average time between a product being announced and when invitations go out? Is it one week?  For example, might Apple be planning on cratering news of MSFT and MOTO’s already announced product launches on 9/5 by sending out announcements that day for the 9/12 iPhone announcement. 

Even though 9/12 is all but confirmed, I’m thinking that the day the invitations get sent out may still have some material impact on the stock one way or another - perhaps selling on the news or buying on the confirmation of the event.

I love that idea. Of course I love everything today smile

• Posted: 20 August 2012 01:01 PM #102

burtonair - 20 August 2012 03:54 PM

I believe it is only 5-7 days advance notice.  So it could be the 3rd, 4th, or 5th of September

Posted: 20 August 2012 01:09 PM #103

This run is not unexpected since May.

I have always said if we breakout above 609, 618, and 644 we will keep moving up.

We broke all of those barriers based on the various reasons described in the last two weeks.

Everyone needs to also keep in mind that the overall market has moved up in the last three months as well.  We are just catching up and now have caught up.

Even GOOG has passed us up.  I will feel better when we are back in the lead.

I think we could hit 670 or 700 before we correct.  Most charts confirm that.

Don’t be shocked to see $750 in Oct and then $630 in Nov.  Anything can happen and attempting to time it will get you killed.

The stock split rumor I think is the principal driver in this rally past 609.  I still don’t see a stock split until July of next year.

Buy and Hold

[ Edited: 20 August 2012 01:12 PM by omacvi ]      

Posted: 20 August 2012 01:12 PM #104

I am watching Mercel closely. He pledged to buy Apple when the P/E was 13 and to sell it when it hit 16…...

since I trust him on all things Apple, I will monitor his decision process closely. He might be “on the fence” in only a week or so….

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

Posted: 20 August 2012 01:13 PM #105

Red Shirted Ensign - 20 August 2012 04:12 PM

I am watching Mercel closely. He pledged to buy Apple when the P/E was 13 and to sell it when it hit 16…...

since I trust him on all things Apple, I will monitor his decision process closely. He might be “on the fence” in only a week or so….

LOL

I don’t think anyone should sell until we hit a p/e of 18 before earnings. :-D