Apple Most Valuable Company in Market History

Posted: 20 August 2012 08:08 PM

+

Apple became the most valuable company in U.S. history Monday when its market capitalization hit $623.1 billion at one point during trading. Apple’s bragging rights came at the expense of the previous record holder, rival Microsoft.

Read the InformationWeek article here:

Signature

mrmwebmax (formerly mrmgraphics)
    Max out your site! mrmwebmax.com

• Posted: 20 August 2012 08:13 PM #1

mrmwebmax - 20 August 2012 11:08 PM

+

Apple became the most valuable company in U.S. history Monday when its market capitalization hit $623.1 billion at one point during trading. Apple’s bragging rights came at the expense of the previous record holder, rival Microsoft.

Read the InformationWeek article here:

Save that everyone is now complaining that it doesn’t account for inflation. Whatever. If Microsoft were higher at some point in history I just say, compare them now. That’s all that matters. Once being the holder of the crown only shows just how far they have fallen.

Signature

Posted: 20 August 2012 08:55 PM #2

John Molloy - 20 August 2012 11:13 PM

Save that everyone is now complaining that it doesn’t account for inflation. Whatever. If Microsoft were higher at some point in history I just say, compare them now. That’s all that matters. Once being the holder of the crown only shows just how far they have fallen.

Drudge is headlining a decent article on it:

The comparison to Microsoft does not take inflation into account. In inflation-adjusted dollars, the software giant was worth about $850 billion on Dec. 30, 1999. Microsoft is now worth $257 billion.

Good, so we’re not the biggest ever. I like that, plenty of room to grow to $850B, before the Law of Small IQ’s kicks in on CNBC and Seeking Alpha, e.g., “OMG large parabolic market cap!!”

Scott Sutherland at Wedbush Morgan noted that some investors sold Apple shares last summer, when iPhone sales slowed down as consumers started holding off for the new model. Those investors missed out on a 50 percent jump in the stock price.

“This time around, investors are a little bit smarter across the board ... they don’t want to be caught not involved in the stock on this next iPhone launch,” Sutherland said.

In other words, fool me once…

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 21 August 2012 11:41 AM #3

All the reports I’ve come across mention that a good deal of this recent run up is due to EXPECTATIONS of the iPhone5, 8” iPad, and other refreshed hardware.

If Apple doesn’t come out with a slew of incredible products that include tractor beams and folding screens and that have an app for slicing bread I’d expect APPL to give up the gains from the last month and then some. Unless Apple totally blows the world away I would not be surprised to see APPL close at $575/share in the middle of September.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

• Posted: 22 August 2012 02:04 AM #4

geoduck - 21 August 2012 02:41 PM

All the reports I’ve come across mention that a good deal of this recent run up is due to EXPECTATIONS of the iPhone5, 8” iPad, and other refreshed hardware.

If Apple doesn’t come out with a slew of incredible products that include tractor beams and folding screens and that have an app for slicing bread I’d expect APPL to give up the gains from the last month and then some. Unless Apple totally blows the world away I would not be surprised to see APPL close at $575/share in the middle of September.

Good luck with your puts.  LOL