Horace, your work is needed on CNBC

• Posted: 23 August 2012 02:15 AM

Horace,

You do some amazing work on Apple and AAPL. With all the coverage Apple gets from talking heads on CNBC I have to think there is an opportunity for you to refute these lemmings on the concept of “AAPL’s market cap is too big”, “it can’t continue forever”, “where will the new money come from”, etc. These people have been voicing the same BS concerns for YEARS. You previously wrote a blog post about this concept and it showed how every year for the past five years or so consensus growth for the next year was radically lower than historical growth trends. Every year analysts called for massive slow downs in growth and the slow down never occurred. Is there any way to show this graphically using one of your moving charts or something? I have to think CNBC would show this if they ever got a hold of it. You are the master of this stuff and I know you can do something compelling for these lemmings.

I double doggy dare you to make it happen!:)

Posted: 23 August 2012 04:48 AM #1

Sure, can you be more specific on what needs refuting? I don’t watch CNBC and I’ve never had contact with them.

Signature

Read more at: Asymco Blog

Posted: 23 August 2012 05:02 AM #2

I would love to see some post earnings commentary from Horace meet a mainstream audience on CNBC, but since asymco.com is leaps and bounds ahead of CNBC in terms of analysis and coverage of Apple they probably fear losing their audience to Horace if they featured him smile

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 23 August 2012 12:18 PM #3

Any appearance by Horace Dediu on any topic will be welcome. 

But what is this CNBC thing we speak of ?  :innocent: