AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

• Posted: 26 August 2012 09:44 PM #16

Red Shirted Ensign - 27 August 2012 12:40 AM

I would like to see unrestrained buying lasting more than the first hour….

I still fear that everyone crowding into the trade tomorrow first thing could cause the EOs a chance to whipsaw on the weeklies.  Beware the aggressive 8/31 call.  ( don’t ask me what aggressive is….but 680 comes to mind)

I’m limiting my negative thoughts to GOOG.  :-D   GOOG shareholders are going to feel this.  Where’s the butthurt pic when u need it?

Posted: 26 August 2012 09:44 PM #17

Red Shirted Ensign - 27 August 2012 12:40 AM

I would like to see unrestrained buying lasting more than the first hour….

I still fear that everyone crowding into the trade tomorrow first thing could cause the EOs a chance to whipsaw on the weeklies.  Beware the aggressive 8/31 call.  ( don’t ask me what aggressive is….but 680 comes to mind)

I might momo a weekly BCS or two just because I’m an idiot, but I think my core trades will be in the Apr 13/Jan 14 timeframe.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 26 August 2012 09:45 PM #18

Mercel - 27 August 2012 12:42 AM

On the eve of a Saturn V launch.

Very nice.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 26 August 2012 10:02 PM #19

Phoebear611 - 27 August 2012 12:03 AM

Since Samsung opened down 8% wouldn’t it be awesome if AAPL opened UP 8%!  A girl can dream…can’t she?!

Looks like Samsung was indicated to open down 8% and finally opened down 6% but is now drifting lower.

I was thinking the same thing. But I doubt AAPL jumps 40. Not that I’d mind…

CdnPhoto - 27 August 2012 12:25 AM

I find that nights like this is when I have the most trouble sleeping. I feel like a kid going to bed Christmas Eve.

I’ve always found that a handful of melatonin, washed down with a large beer helps.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 26 August 2012 10:34 PM #20

Mav - 27 August 2012 12:45 AM
    Mercel - 27 August 2012 12:42 AM

On the eve of a Saturn V launch.

Very nice.

Also quite appropriate considering the passing of America’s first man on the moon over the week-end, since the Saturn V is what got him there.

[ Edited: 26 August 2012 10:37 PM by rutgersguy92 ]      
  • Posted: 26 August 2012 10:37 PM #21

On an exceptional earnings report coupled with unusually strong FQ2 guidance, AAPL peaked at $644, with an ISM of 18.337 just 4 months ago.

Splitting the difference between that landmark and current ISM (not very scientific) puts ISM at about 17, or AAPL at $724.

I don’t think we will see that tomorrow, but, given all the positives at hand, the possibility of seeing it before the week is out is very good.  Just sayin’.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

• Posted: 26 August 2012 11:02 PM #22

rutgersguy92 - 27 August 2012 01:34 AM

Also quite appropriate considering the passing of America’s first man on the moon over the week-end, since the Saturn V is what got him there.

The symbolism was not lost on me.  If you’ve read the minute-by-minute recount of the touchdown on the moon, one fact stands above all else:  Neil Armstrong was a STUD, besides being a great American.  RIP.

Posted: 26 August 2012 11:26 PM #23

Mercel - 27 August 2012 02:02 AM

The symbolism was not lost on me.  If you’ve read the minute-by-minute recount of the touchdown on the moon, one fact stands above all else:  Neil Armstrong was a STUD, besides being a great American.  RIP.

Boiler up!!!

BTW, anyone shorting GOOG tomorrow?

Posted: 26 August 2012 11:28 PM #24

Nasdaq futures are +8.5, having been as high as +13.5.

• Posted: 26 August 2012 11:29 PM #25

ChasMac77 - 27 August 2012 02:26 AM
    Mercel - 27 August 2012 02:02 AM

Boiler up!!!

BTW, anyone shorting GOOG tomorrow?

I don’t think this matters much for GOOG, at least not in the next couple years.

Posted: 26 August 2012 11:37 PM #26

Forget the damage of the JURY VERDICT ....

Samsung Elec loses $12 billion market value after Apple’s legal victory

SEOUL - Samsung Electronics shares tumbled more than 7 percent on Monday, wiping $12 billion off the South Korean giant’s market value, as Apple Inc’s sweeping legal victory in their U.S. patent battle raised concerns about its smartphone business - its biggest cash cow.

OUCH, that is right now 12 X the actual assessed jury damage findings.

Signature

“Even in the worst of times, someone turns a profit. . ” —#162 Ferengi: Rules of Acquisition

Posted: 27 August 2012 12:50 AM #27

I think these number’s will be meaningless tomorrow, but we’ll see. I understand regular resistance and support numbers, but a little fuzzy on Fib resistance and support. When it comes to Camarilla numbers I would think this has to do with day trading ranges, but not sure. If someone wants to weigh in, please do so.

Resistance/Support August 27th 2012

[ Edited: 27 August 2012 01:02 AM by Rupert ]      

Posted: 27 August 2012 01:05 AM #28

Hey, willrob used to do these R pivot tables every day - where’d he go?  Thanks for carrying on the tradition.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 27 August 2012 01:40 AM #29

Rupert22 - 27 August 2012 03:50 AM

I think these number’s will be meaningless tomorrow, but we’ll see. I understand regular resistance and support numbers, but a little fuzzy on Fib resistance and support. When it comes to Camarilla numbers I would think this has to do with day trading ranges, but not sure. If someone wants to weigh in, please do so.

Resistance/Support August 27th 2012

With substantial news, Pivot Point means little, if anything.  News trumps all.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

• Posted: 27 August 2012 03:09 AM #30

In Frankfurt AAPL is up from 532 to 547 pre market. That’s a 2.8% gain. From Friday’s close that equates to $682 in the U.S. No idea if Frankfurt is a good indicator for us and the volume over there is TINY so far but that’s what it shows so far.

http://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/en/equities/apple+inc+US0378331005