Weekend Updates - Archive

Posted: 01 September 2012 03:34 PM #16

September, although it still feels like August.

Tuesday begins a whole new ballgame.  Football, autumn leaf cleanup, tech announcement bonanza.

• Posted: 01 September 2012 03:44 PM #17

Mav - 01 September 2012 12:18 AM

I’m heading into this weekend with a new long option buy, Nov expiry.  Given my impeccable sense of market timing, particularly when there’s no trend, you can pray for me, if you like…

(In all seriousness, the account’s OK and there are some countermeasures I can take if I’m wrong.)

I finished the week down about $1900 (result of aggressive play on Wednesday).

Had I waited another 3 minutes I would have finished up $15,000. Earlier in the session I BTC my Week5 $670 Calls, and BTO Week5 $665 Calls.  In doing so, I increased my cash, and number of Week5 $655/$665 Call Spreads held to 150. At 3:52 PM EST I Closed that position for a very small gain. Immediately thereafter (it seemed the market was waiting for me to Sell), AAPL went on a $2.00 run culminating in a Close above $665.  This is the third time in the last month this has happened to me. Am I jinxed or what?

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 01 September 2012 04:21 PM #18

Gregg: try the same strategy with MONTHLIES!  You don’t have to hold to OE.  Open and close just as you would the weeklies.

• Posted: 01 September 2012 05:07 PM #19

Could you get rid of all this football game spam

It is really annoying

Posted: 01 September 2012 06:45 PM #20

PM’d Dave and Adam.  How about the forum purge begin RIGHT NOW.  Heck, old backup?  Who cares.  We’ll live.  Better we do it now, while the forums are sleepy, than get the forum equivalent of a DDOS attack or something the next two days!

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 September 2012 07:10 PM #21

Holy cr*p!!!  I cannot keep up with this spambot!!!

Every two second (not exaggeration!), there’s a new thread!!!

Posted: 01 September 2012 07:31 PM #22

iPad!!!

Tell Adam and Dave!  We gotta reset the forums NOW!!!

wink

Well, this IS a good time to shut things down and load the new forum software, time permitting.  Or just shut down the forums for the time being…not like eliminating spambots, particularly when we’re moving to something new, is worth the time anyway.

I PM’d Adam and Dave.  Do you have a more direct line?

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 01 September 2012 07:34 PM #23

Between your PMs and mine to Robert, someone with a much bigger wand than mine came along and accomplished with ONE sweep what takes me FIVE. smile

Posted: 01 September 2012 07:34 PM #24

lovemyipad - 01 September 2012 10:10 PM

Holy cr*p!!!  I cannot keep up with this spambot!!!

Every two second (not exaggeration!), there’s a new thread!!!

????  Is this spambot only impacting tablets/phones?  I’m not seeing anything when using Safari on my laptops.

regards
          JohnG

Posted: 01 September 2012 07:37 PM #25

John, we’re all cleaned up now…  There were pages and pages of new threads; I’d get rid of one to find five new ones.  Most aggressive spambot I’ve ever seen…

EDIT: P.S. Tell me the fate of your OCT’12 650s!!! smile

• Posted: 01 September 2012 07:40 PM #26

lovemyipad - 01 September 2012 10:34 PM

Between your PMs and mine to Robert, someone with a much bigger wand than mine came along and accomplished with ONE sweep what takes me FIVE. smile

I took care of it all. I think it was someone’s Samsung phone on the blink (again!).  :wink:

Posted: 01 September 2012 07:45 PM #27

Robert, you are FAST…I mean, less than 1 minute after I fired off my S.O.S., I saw those threads vaporizing!!!  THANK YOU!!!

• Posted: 01 September 2012 07:47 PM #28

Mav - 01 September 2012 10:31 PM

I PM’d Adam and Dave.  Do you have a more direct line?

Yes. The moderator emailed me. Sometimes the quickest and easiest solutions are the best.  :wink:

Posted: 01 September 2012 07:48 PM #29

Sorry Gang, I just got a txt from Julie and by the time I got here looks like it was already handled.

• Posted: 01 September 2012 07:52 PM #30

lovemyipad - 01 September 2012 10:45 PM

Robert, you are FAST…I mean, less than 1 minute after I fired off my S.O.S., I saw those threads vaporizing!!!  THANK YOU!!!

Thank you for contacting me. It took some doing, but after about 20 minutes I was able to race ahead of them and knock them all down.

I’ll be around the AFB a bit this weekend to just to see if there’s another aggressive attack on the forums. We may get another round or two. Just email me again if I’m not in the AFB when another attack occurs.