Weekend Updates - Archive

Posted: 02 September 2012 02:33 PM #61

Hey mods, you’re off-topic.

iPhone release in 10 days. AAPL run-up starting Tuesday?

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 02 September 2012 02:34 PM #62

ty all

Meanwhile, 10 days to Sept 12.

• Posted: 02 September 2012 02:35 PM #63

JDSoCal - 02 September 2012 05:33 PM

September 12th is the expected announcement date, not the expected release date.

• Posted: 02 September 2012 02:41 PM #64

lovemyipad - 02 September 2012 03:30 PM

Blah.  I am powerless.

This is like playing AFB Space Invaders without running out of quarters.  LOL

Posted: 02 September 2012 02:43 PM #65

I think the announcement is on the 12th ( we hope…where is my personal invite) with release on option expiration Friday!  )

In edit:  DT beat me to it…

O.k., let’s talk invite form and function!  I’m a stylish guy! 

Now that we know the iPad Junior ( god, don’t call it that!,) is getting its own debutante coming out party in October, the September event is IOs6 and phone.  Great. Focused.

Let’s have an invite with a rectangular theme, apps and maps prominent.  Then a statement like :  “join us for an event that will make the World longer and stronger!”

O.k…..maybe that theme won’t work too well…I don’t know. Im kind of excited….gotta think out of the box.

:eg:

[ Edited: 02 September 2012 02:51 PM by Red Shirted Ensign ]

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 02 September 2012 02:46 PM #66

Aren’t they sneaky! The spammers are changing the series of IP addresses used to attack the forums.

I’ll be over in the Braeburn Group for awhile. Just email me if the aliens return…

Posted: 02 September 2012 04:25 PM #67

Nice and easy graph that depicts apple price around the major events.
    http://mashable.com/2012/03/08/apple-product-stock-price/

Posted: 02 September 2012 04:51 PM #68

Red Shirted Ensign - 02 September 2012 05:43 PM

I think the announcement is on the 12th ( we hope…where is my personal invite) with release on option expiration Friday!  )

Now that we know the iPad Junior ( god, don’t call it that!,) is getting its own debutante coming out party in October, the September event is IOs6 and phone.  Great. Focused.

Let’s have an invite with a rectangular theme, apps and maps prominent.  Then a statement like :  “join us for an event that will make the World longer and stronger!”

O.k…..maybe that theme won’t work too well…I don’t know. Im kind of excited….gotta think out of the box.

Release n. 3. something issued for sale or public showing

Well, I’ll take nit-picky semantics debates about what I meant by iPhone “release date” over spammer jabber any day. Because yeah, I hadn’t heard that announcement vs. release date 400 times all over the Applesphere. Because I don’t read every single Apple story on the Internet and Twitter. Including here. Several times a day.

But since since Apple has yet to confirm any of it (and I know the almighty Dalrymple has spoken; I am aware of his veracity, but the worship is a little gross IMO), let’s not be too nit-picky, K?

POINT BEING, Do we run-up, starting Tuesday? And when does Apple announce the, er, ANNOUNCEMENT.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 02 September 2012 05:06 PM #69

Mondays have been good to us lately… smile  Tuesday is this week’s Monday…

Posted: 02 September 2012 05:07 PM #70

JDSoCal - 02 September 2012 07:51 PM
    Red Shirted Ensign - 02 September 2012 05:43 PM

Release n. 3. something issued for sale or public showing

Well, I’ll take nit-picky semantics debates about what I meant by iPhone “release date” over spammer jabber any day. Because yeah, I hadn’t heard that announcement vs. release date 400 times all over the Applesphere. Because I don’t read every single Apple story on the Internet and Twitter. Including here. Several times a day.

But since since Apple has yet to confirm any of it (and I know the almighty Dalrymple has spoken; I am aware of his veracity, but the worship is a little gross IMO), let’s not be too nit-picky, K?

POINT BEING, Do we run-up, starting Tuesday? And when does Apple announce the, er, ANNOUNCEMENT.

grin  Yes

And

The announcement will be Tuesday….we can all “release” our anxieties.  LOL

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 02 September 2012 07:57 PM #71

Rupert22 - 02 September 2012 07:25 PM

I would discount post iPhone 3 and iPhone 3GS announcement trading because the 3 occurred in the middle of the bank meltdown (2008) and the 3GS occurred in the early stages of the market’s recovery. That leaves the 4 and 4S announcements, where AAPL first dipped then recovered.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 02 September 2012 09:36 PM #72

Gregg Thurman - 02 September 2012 10:57 PM
    Rupert22 - 02 September 2012 07:25 PM

I would discount post iPhone 3 and iPhone 3GS announcement trading because the 3 occurred in the middle of the bank meltdown (2008) and the 3GS occurred in the early stages of the market’s recovery. That leaves the 4 and 4S announcements, where AAPL first dipped then recovered.

I think if they announce the iPhone 5 (with some new features, apps etc) and nothing else, then we will get the inevitable dip during/post event. this is the most likely outcome.

If however included in the announcement is the addition of China Mobile and/or NTT Japan as new carriers - I think we will see a sizable bump in share price - both of those carriers each are worth at least an extra 10 million iPhones sold in the next calender year (compared to only about 4-5 million on t-mobile USA if/when that is announced).

I think either of these carriers being announced is probably 50/50 chance of happening (an NTT announcement is more likely than China Mobile) but I think both carriers should be added at some point throughout the next year (China Mobile hopefully in January).

[ Edited: 02 September 2012 09:39 PM by Burgess ]

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

• Posted: 02 September 2012 10:40 PM #73

I would not trust historical charts for how Apple trades around the new iPhone and iPad mini this year, not to mention an expected blockbuster holiday quarter

I think the dips will be bought, limiting AAPL’s downside, with the usual Euro caveats. 

I do have reserves, however, to take advantage of market “gifts.”

Posted: 02 September 2012 11:59 PM #74

Mercel - 03 September 2012 01:40 AM

I would not trust historical charts for how Apple trades around the new iPhone and iPad mini this year, not to mention an expected blockbuster holiday quarter

I think the dips will be bought, limiting AAPL’s downside, with the usual Euro caveats. 

I agree.

IPhone 5, iPad Mini, iMacs, iPods,  earnings, elections, dividend.

Too much stuff to keep us down this year.

Will be buying leaps come Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also had dinner with a good friend who works for Google.

His words ” Google does not know what they are doing”. He was referring to hardware development.

Samsung has been saving Android.  We will see how long that lasts.

Posted: 03 September 2012 01:18 AM #75

omacvi - 03 September 2012 02:59 AM
    Mercel - 03 September 2012 01:40 AM

I agree.

IPhone 5, iPad Mini, iMacs, iPods,  earnings, elections, dividend.

Too much stuff to keep us down this year.

Will be buying leaps come Tuesday or Wednesday.

Also had dinner with a good friend who works for Google.

His words ” Google does not know what they are doing”. He was referring to hardware development.

Samsung has been saving Android.  We will see how long that lasts.

If Samsung promoted Windows Phone as their flagship platform, it would be a surprising, and glorious day indeed. It would split apples competition right down the middle - Divide & conquer.

Perhaps Apple might bring it up in negotiations: “Drop android and we will be best buds again.”

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics