Weekend Updates - Archive

Posted: 04 September 2012 04:14 AM #91

Mav - 04 September 2012 03:57 AM

Well, change is change.  We’ll see how long it takes for me to get used to it.  I wonder, what exactly changed other than the look and a fresher server?  I’m still getting legacy-looking error messages.

NOTE:  Post creation and editing response feels like the old server at the moment, once you hit submit/edit.

It’s the same server (though the database server saw that upgrade a few weeks ago). At the moment (i.e. since it launched an hour ago), the servers have been going through their daily backup routines, which helps to keep things slow. wink

Should speed back up quite a bit. The new backend is that we’re now on ExpressionEngine 2.5 (up from 1.x), which allows us to do a lot more. Details about all this on the site, of course.

Signature

-Dave Hamilton / The Mac Observer / Mac Geek Gab / Dave on Twitter
    When you find a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.

• Posted: 04 September 2012 04:23 AM #92

Readability has improved for both Mac and iPad.  Never tried TMO on my iPhone.

I’ll be back online in about 3 1/2 hours, so we’ll see how the speed works out.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

• Posted: 04 September 2012 04:27 AM #93

Just a small thing, but, can the Page Directory be put at the top of the page, along with its current position at the bottom of the page?  It would make navigating much easier/faster if I didn’t have to scroll to the bottom of the page to advance or go backward.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 04 September 2012 05:08 AM #94

Gregg Thurman - 04 September 2012 04:27 AM

Just a small thing, but, can the Page Directory be put at the top of the page, along with its current position at the bottom of the page?  It would make navigating much easier/faster if I didn’t have to scroll to the bottom of the page to advance or go backward.

+1 on that.  Scrolling down to the bottom just for clicking “Last” gets old, fast.

Posted: 04 September 2012 06:31 AM #95

mjuarez - 04 September 2012 05:08 AM
    Gregg Thurman - 04 September 2012 04:27 AM

+1 on that.  Scrolling down to the bottom just for clicking “Last” gets old, fast.

+2
    I would also like to have back that link to the last seen message on the topic overview page.
    And I am just noticing that the smilies selection link is gone, but you can type them: wink