Apple’s Newest, Largest Store (inside a Mall)

• Posted: 01 September 2012 02:52 PM #16

Mav - 01 September 2012 05:46 PM

SPAM!

Oh, hey Mercel. wink

Ah, one of Apple’s “bigger store” designs.  Perfect for selling truckloads of iPhones in about three weeks.

The daylight element is nice, if a little “risky” in terms of glare and glossy screens.  But I guess the skylight wasn’t “optional”?

Keep a Browett watch on that store for us, will ya?  My local Apple Stores don’t seem to have changed for the worse, but it’s worth following just in case.

I thought about the glare too, but I didn’t notice an issue at this time of the day (10am).  Locating the displays off to the sides should do the trick. 

There was an Apple media guy there but no sign of Browett, who I think will do more than fine as Apple’s retail chief.

Posted: 01 September 2012 02:54 PM #17

Well, you’ve heard of some alleged misadventures, right.

But hey, the proof is in the retail experience.  If it’s still a great Apple Store in a few months, chances are it’s a Mansfield-style tempest in a teapot (only by way of very rough analogy - I don’t think Mansfield’s EPEAT “mistake” was a mistake at all).

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 01 September 2012 09:49 PM #18

Mercel, thanks for the pictures.  grin

That’s one nice looking Apple retail store!

Posted: 01 September 2012 10:12 PM #19

Thanks for helping with that carpet spam attack Robert (per Adam).  That was the nastiest attack I’ve ever seen on these boards!

The skylight is more aesthetics than functional for a store full of shiny things and glossy screens (wonder if we’ll ever find out if the skylight was “intentional” or “mall-included”, but I agree, it’s a great Apple Store.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 01 September 2012 11:21 PM #20

Mav - 02 September 2012 01:12 AM

Thanks for helping with that carpet spam attack Robert (per Adam).  That was the nastiest attack I’ve ever seen on these boards!

The skylight is more aesthetics than functional for a store full of shiny things and glossy screens (wonder if we’ll ever find out if the skylight was “intentional” or “mall-included”, but I agree, it’s a great Apple Store.

The skylight was added for Apple.  In fact, it caused a construction delay, pushing the opening out from Spring to late Summer.  Hey, it’s a “Green” feature, added to great aesthetics.

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:13 AM #21

Mercel - 01 September 2012 05:27 PM

I’m surprised you let someone borrow your camera.  Couldn’t resist showing off your new Mohawk could
    you?

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:16 AM #22

madmaxroi - 02 September 2012 03:13 AM

I’m surprised you let someone borrow your camera.  Couldn’t resist showing off your new Mohawk could
    you?

No, Mercel is the one taking the picture..

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 02 September 2012 12:22 AM #23

I didn’t know Mercel had red hair!  :-o

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:26 AM #24

DawnTreader - 02 September 2012 03:22 AM

All part of his mid-life crisis…

I couldn’t wait and visited the new Bellevue store this afternoon.  Light, roomy and packed.

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 02 September 2012 12:28 AM #25

Red Shirted Ensign - 02 September 2012 03:26 AM

I couldn’t wait and visited the new Bellevue store this afternoon.  Light, roomy and packed.

Was Mercel still there? If so, I hope he *finally* bought something!

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:36 AM #26

DawnTreader - 02 September 2012 03:28 AM

Was Mercel still there? If so, I hope he *finally* bought something!

He couldn’t afford anything after getting that snazzy haircut.  Nice free blue shirt though.

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:36 AM #27

Mercel the Red?  Huh?

It can’t possibly be Mercel.  There’s no bling chain.

[ Edited: 02 September 2012 12:38 AM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 02 September 2012 12:50 AM #28

Nice pictures. Do they still have the children’s section?

I found an informational website while trying to figure out the size of the store at Honolulu’s Ala Moana shoping center ( I decided it was around 3,800 sq. ft of floor space.). The site has some summarized revenue data as well:

http://www.ifoapplestore.com

• Posted: 02 September 2012 01:33 AM #29

madmaxroi - 02 September 2012 03:13 AM

you?

The guy with the Mohawk isn’t someone I recognize.  He might have been pulled from another store for entertainment value. 

I’ll try to take some more pics tomorrow.  These were a bit rushed in between slaking my thirst (and addiction) w/Starbucks.  :-D

• Posted: 02 September 2012 01:35 AM #30

Should have given me a jingle.  I could have introduced you to the Apple glitterati   LOL