AAPL Intraday Updates - Archives

Posted: 04 September 2012 09:43 AM #31

johnnyq - 04 September 2012 09:21 AM

The italics only show up after posts by lovemyipad. I think there’s an html tag not being closed properly in her signature.

Bingo.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 04 September 2012 09:45 AM #32

ghobi - 04 September 2012 09:16 AM

No more italics for me on page 2.

What I really miss right at the beginning is the page navigation at the top. This makes me scroll down all to the bottom of the page to go to a different one.

Usually in the intraday I miss a lot of the action because of the time difference. I used to go to the last page (say 34) and then navigate back from there to where I left (e.g. 28)  the night before.

But now this implies scrolling all the way down on every other page - not nice.

I also miss the clear separation between posts. But maybe I am just getting older.

“Good” forum software takes you to YOUR first unread post automatically (and has done so for over 10 years).  It uses this revolutionary feature called “cookies”.

• Posted: 04 September 2012 10:02 AM #33

Gregg Thurman - 04 September 2012 09:25 AM
    johnG - 04 September 2012 07:49 AM

woot….............  new look and aapl is UP in premarket trading.

No EMO’s in this new format?

cheers to the longs
          JohnG

AAPL has been up pretty good, but now just 5 minutes before the Open, AAPL is barely above Friday’s Close.  Hope we see some early morning weakness, then a good jobs report.  That does come out today, doesn’t it?

Jobs report is Friday, following Obama’s speech the night before.

Posted: 04 September 2012 10:02 AM #34

CdnPhoto - 04 September 2012 08:00 AM
    rickag - 04 September 2012 07:41 AM

Hope there will be a mobile version of the board, hard to read with my tired old eyes withe such a small type size.

Small type size? I’m seeing huge type on my browser. Firefox on a Mac.

I am on my iPhone.

Signature

Waiting to be included in one of Apple’s target markets, but I still own an iPod, iPhone and iMac and APPL stock.

Posted: 04 September 2012 10:03 AM #35

RedInAustin - 04 September 2012 09:45 AM

“Good” forum software takes you to YOUR first unread post automatically (and has done so for over 10 years).  It uses this revolutionary feature called “cookies”.

The software AFB used 2 iterations ago (about 5 years ago) used to do this.  It was great.

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

• Posted: 04 September 2012 10:17 AM #36

Sept 12 announcement today or tomorrow?

Posted: 04 September 2012 10:18 AM #37

Well,

This morning is not the kind of experience I had hoped for from this Forum.  I’m in now but after rejecting my password for an hour…I’m suddenly in.
    On to Apple….. 670 would be a nice threshold today.  We can build on that during “announcement week”

Signature

AAPL: to boldly go where no stock has gone before

• Posted: 04 September 2012 10:19 AM #38

I am not able to see the whole post with this new update.  It is cutting it off on the right side… especially in the charts?  Anyone help?  Thanks much!

• Posted: 04 September 2012 10:26 AM #39

Looks nice on the iPad but is slow as molasses on a cold winter morning

Posted: 04 September 2012 10:26 AM #40

AppleDoc - 04 September 2012 10:17 AM

Sept 12 announcement today or tomorrow?

Not too early on a post-holiday.  Wait for the reporters to get over their hangover.  This afternoon or tomorrow.

• Posted: 04 September 2012 10:27 AM #41

I think the announcement is usually made one week before at 11am eastern time (8am pacific). So tomorrow at 11am is my best guess.

Posted: 04 September 2012 10:28 AM #42

I feel like I’ve wandered into somebody else’s office by mistake. I’m sure I’ll get used to the new look eventually. It’s certainly more modern in appearance.

By the way, I know many on this board listen attentively when Andy Zaky speaks. Those who respect his opinion (but can’t afford the service) should know that he quotes Cobra’s Market View at least once every week, his go-to guy for second opinions on the direction of the overall market. And Cobra’s Market View is cheap to subscribe to.

Posted: 04 September 2012 11:07 AM #43

Yucky. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 04 September 2012 11:13 AM #44

Prazan - 04 September 2012 10:28 AM

I feel like I’ve wandered into somebody else’s office by mistake. I’m sure I’ll get used to the new look eventually. It’s certainly more modern in appearance.

By the way, I know many on this board listen attentively when Andy Zaky speaks. Those who respect his opinion (but can’t afford the service) should know that he quotes Cobra’s Market View at least once every week, his go-to guy for second opinions on the direction of the overall market. And Cobra’s Market View is cheap to subscribe to.

So, Prazan, what is the good Cobra-man saying these days regarding AAPL?

Posted: 04 September 2012 11:23 AM #45

rutgersguy92 - 04 September 2012 11:13 AM
    Prazan - 04 September 2012 10:28 AM

So, Prazan, what is the good Cobra-man saying these days regarding AAPL?

On Friday he posted that rebound might be due, given the Filled Black Bar, the Hammer, and the volume surge.