Tomorrow’s jobs report

• Posted: 06 September 2012 12:02 PM

Anybody have any inkling how tomorrow’s jobs report is going to play out?

I’m asking because I have a goodly number of $660/$665 Call Spreads expiring tomorrow. They are currently deep in the money, but if I sell today I leave about 20% of potential gain on the table.

The money I have left on the table these past few months have easily offset my losses, and I’m getting tired of it.

Thoughts please.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.

Posted: 07 September 2012 11:13 AM #1

Sry Gregg.  I did not see this thread.

How did it go ?  The broader market is even.  AAPL is good.

• Posted: 07 September 2012 11:53 AM #2

Treehouse - 07 September 2012 11:13 AM

Sry Gregg.  I did not see this thread.

How did it go ?  The broader market is even.  AAPL is good.

I Closed the $660/$665 Call Spread yesterday at $4.90.  I then opened a 20 $665/$670 to catch the $1,000 I left on the table, in the event the Jobs Report did not affect AAPL.  I sold those this morning and made $2,250.

I’ve now got an order in to Open 50 Week2 $675/$685 Call Spreads at $4.85.  My trading strategy at the moment is to keep the amount invested fairly constant in terms of absolute dollars, but as we near Oct earnings increase the yield on the investment.

I believe that AAPL will Close next Friday in excess of $690.00, potentially as high as $710.00.  If it appears that $710 will happen I have plenty of dry powder to take advantage of it.

Signature

You can’t do more, make more, be more, than the next guy, if you think like the next guy. Think different.