AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 09 September 2012 11:00 PM

Exciting week ahead!

[ Edited: 16 September 2012 03:44 PM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 09 September 2012 11:08 PM #1

*relogs-in via the Profile “oh, you’re already logged in, whoops” click trick*

*just sayin’*

Exciting for not necessarily “good” reasons, I’d say.

I dunno iPad, I’m gonna try and ride a wave on Monday, Tuesday at the latest, and I’ll be downright defensive (by my standards anyway) on Wednesday, though still net long.  Your plans?

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 09 September 2012 11:34 PM #2

Mav - 09 September 2012 11:08 PM

*relogs-in via the Profile “oh, you’re already logged in, whoops” click trick*

*just sayin’*

Exciting for not necessarily “good” reasons, I’d say.

I dunno iPad, I’m gonna try and ride a wave on Monday, Tuesday at the latest, and I’ll be downright defensive (by my standards anyway) on Wednesday, though still net long.  Your plans?

I’m planning on riding the wave as well Mav.  IF it runs seemingly too far too fast (I’ll rely on my rudimentary TA skill to determine what that exactly is, but best WAG right now would be somewhere in the $710-$720 range)  I’ll unload the April 13 BCS that are way in the money and mostly “ripe” as well as the riskier April 13 BCS that are out of the money while holding my core share position and a middle ground April 13 BCS…..Then use the cash generated for the rinse cycle and repeat on the inevitable pullback….Thats the plan on a Sunday night anyway…let’s see what I actually do when the bullets start flying.

Posted: 09 September 2012 11:47 PM #3

I have similar plans. Regardless, selling my few remaining Oct 650 calls at a profit Monday, and turning half of my deep itm Feb calls into calendars by selling Oct calls against them… 20-30 points above wherever we are Tuesday. Gotta raise cash for the next WTF sale.

Fasten your safety belts and good luck, everyone!

Signature

I’ve never owned a windows PC. Never will.

High tech Meditation Music

Posted: 09 September 2012 11:48 PM #4

Ordinary red futures Bloom

DJIA INDEX Sep12 13,261.00 -35.00
    S&P 500 Sep12 1,433.60 -4.60
    NASDAQ 100 Sep12 2,817.50 -5.50   23:27:55

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:02 AM #5

I’m not planning to sell any longs, as mine are APR’13 and JAN’14 bull spreads.  I added shorts on Friday.

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:28 AM #6

NOW I’m scared iPad, particularly if you shorted AAPL for the short term.

Because I’m essentially betting against you.  And I’m not sure that usually works out in my favor.

[ Edited: 10 September 2012 12:32 AM by Mav ]

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:43 AM #7

Mav, nonono…don’t be scared.  I’m wrong all the time.  I could very well be early…a few days or a few weeks.  My shorts are OCT’12 bear spreads—AAPL and SPY.  I’ll likely dump them after a pullback, whenever that happens.

[ Edited: 10 September 2012 12:48 AM by lovemyipad ]      

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:50 AM #8

If we run up over 700 in the next couple days, I will unload my Jan ‘13s and riskier Apr ‘13s and hold my safer Apr ‘13s. If we don’t run up, I’ll unload same if we pop afterwards. If we don’t go anywhere, I’ll re-evalutate but likely be holding all until the assumed iPad event run-up.

Signature

Long AAPL Short ME 5’3

Posted: 10 September 2012 01:06 AM #9

lovemyipad - 10 September 2012 12:43 AM

Mav, nonono…don’t be scared.  I’m wrong all the time.  I could very well be early…a few days or a few weeks.  My shorts are OCT’12 bear spreads—AAPL and SPY.  I’ll likely dump them after a pullback, whenever that happens.

Riiiight.  After all, you’re out to

and at the moment that includes Mr. Deer in the Headlights.

(That seems kind of friendly for crushing competition, really. LOL)

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 September 2012 01:15 AM #10

Resistance/Support Monday 09/10/2012

[ Edited: 14 September 2012 01:40 AM by Rupert ]      

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:10 AM #11

nice job, CNBC, or whoever your datasource is :(  good thing i’m not looking at this half asleep in bed. 

[ Edited: 10 September 2012 04:40 AM by kloot ]      

Posted: 10 September 2012 05:35 AM #12

kloot - 10 September 2012 04:10 AM

nice job, CNBC, or whoever your datasource is :(  good thing i’m not looking at this half asleep in bed.

Whoa, that’s a scary thought.  For what it’s worth, Google Finance is showing -0.01% right now (680.40 in pre-market).

I’m also planning on lightening up a little more if we see 720+ before the event on Wednesday.  Otherwise, I’m hanging on tight at 85% long JAN13s, 15% cash.

Posted: 10 September 2012 06:54 AM #13

Mav - 10 September 2012 01:06 AM

(That seems kind of friendly for crushing competition, really. LOL)

That reminded me of a parody ad that SNL did of Apple back in the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ0LHzFQ7Yw

Posted: 10 September 2012 09:28 AM #14

Futures are calm.

Meanwhile, Digitimes says new iMacs and a 13” MacBook Pro with Retina are shipping.  Digitimes via Yahoo

Apple is prepared to announce a lot more than just a new iPhone this week, according to Aaron Lee and Joseph Tsai at DigiTimes.

Citing upstream supply chain sources, Tsai and Lee report Apple has begun mass shipping of new iMacs, as well as 13-inch MacBook Pros with retina displays. Retina display is Apple-speak for super high resolution screens.

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard about these products. At the end of August we heard about a smaller MacBook Pro with retina. Last week read reports Apple was preparing for a refresh of the iMac.

Tsai and Lee say Apple planned to release three new iMac models with upgraded screens, but due to a manufacturing problem it will now only release two new models. These models are in the low to mid range. The model that has been put on hold was a high end model.

For our newer readers, Digitimes is a source with a highly uneven track record.  Cough:  beware.

Posted: 10 September 2012 09:34 AM #15

ATH.  currently a couple dimes over or under previous 682.40 (not including pre-trading from post trial of Apple v. Samsung.

EDIT:  683, then down a dollar.