AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 10 September 2012 06:58 PM #106

Volume was high today.    Signal of more down to come ?

Posted: 10 September 2012 07:44 PM #107

Disclaimer: purely technicals talking here…no fundamentals…

We are nearing extreme oversold levels which usually leads to a strong oversold bounce.  The strength of the bounce *should* give us a clue as to whether the “up” is retrace or reversal, but recollecting 4/2 versus 4/17…it may take more than a day to assess follow-through.  Watch key support / resistance levels.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 07:59 PM #108

I keep seeing that iphone 5 would work in “Asia”; hoping that includes China Mobile. Apparently not.

http://thenextweb.com/asia/2012/09/10/china-mobile-employees-quash-iphone-5-speculation/

First paragraph:

“Employees at China Mobile, the world’s largest mobile operator, have indicated that the carrier is unlikely to sell Apple’s upcoming iPhone, Sina Tech reports. The publication spoke to a number of workers at the provincial and city level who said they had heard nothing about Apple’s next-generation iPhone being released on China Mobile.”

Then again, the final paragraph:

“China Mobile has long maintained that it is in ongoing negotiations with Apple. The company’s former chairman said last year that Apple had promised to support TD-LTE when it releases an LTE iPhone. Assuming that Apple has indeed prepped an LTE-capable phone for this year’s launch, things should become clearer later this week.”

[ Edited: 10 September 2012 08:02 PM by Gridlock ]      

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:00 PM #109

I’m going to scoot this chart talk to the Chart Talk thread, so we can discuss a bit more in depth…

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:11 PM #110

Gridlock - 10 September 2012 07:59 PM

I keep seeing that iphone 5 would work in “Asia”; hoping that includes China Mobile. Apparently not.

http://thenextweb.com/asia/2012/09/10/china-mobile-employees-quash-iphone-5-speculation/

First paragraph:

“Employees at China Mobile, the world’s largest mobile operator, have indicated that the carrier is unlikely to sell Apple’s upcoming iPhone, Sina Tech reports. The publication spoke to a number of workers at the provincial and city level who said they had heard nothing about Apple’s next-generation iPhone being released on China Mobile.”

“China Mobile has long maintained that it is in ongoing negotiations with Apple. The company’s former chairman said last year that Apple had promised to support TD-LTE when it releases an LTE iPhone. Assuming that Apple has indeed prepped an LTE-capable phone for this year’s launch, things should become clearer later this week.”

Maybe.  Maybe not.  Apple has a foothold in China, which is most key.  China Mobile lives with the consequences of its TD-whatever proprietary data standard (forced upon it by the Chinese government, apparently) every day.

[ Edited: 10 September 2012 08:15 PM by Mav ]

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:26 PM #111

rutgersguy92 - 10 September 2012 03:03 PM

I think they call it an “outside” day.

GOLD STAR!!! smile

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:42 PM #112

You knew this day was on the way.  That’s right, iPhone launches contributing to GDP growth!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iphone-5-could-bolster-g-233205491.html

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 September 2012 08:53 PM #113

First paragraph:

I don’t expect any China Mobile / Apple deal news on Sept 12th, but that doesn’t mean Apple won’t announce a deal with China Mobile later this year or early next to sell the IPhone 5.

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:28 PM #114

DavidCV100 - 10 September 2012 08:53 PM

First paragraph:

I don’t expect any China Mobile / Apple deal news on Sept 12th, but that doesn’t mean Apple won’t announce a deal with China Mobile later this year or early next to sell the IPhone 5.

Its possible they may say “rolling out in China in December (or January)” at the launch event - and not specify which carriers.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

• Posted: 10 September 2012 10:34 PM #115

First paragraph:

Critical reading:
    This does not mean that Apple will not cut a deal with CM later in the year as is widely expected.
    I think the key to this is CMs last earnings report in which it disclosed it is losing market share to the other two (smaller) carriers that are carrying Apple phones in China. To me the inevitable conclusion was that once the hardware becomes available -as it is believed it will in two days - a deal will be made.

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:42 PM #116

Even though a little blip, we are still trading over 15.5 This chart shows PE over the past month:

[ Edited: 10 September 2012 10:53 PM by Wile E. Coyote ]      

Posted: 10 September 2012 11:06 PM #117

bolivar - 10 September 2012 10:34 PM

First paragraph:

Critical reading:
    This does not mean that Apple will not cut a deal with CM later in the year as is widely expected.
    I think the key to this is CMs last earnings report in which it disclosed it is losing market share to the other two (smaller) carriers that are carrying Apple phones in China. To me the inevitable conclusion was that once the hardware becomes available -as it is believed it will in two days - a deal will be made.

Can Apple make a TD-LTE iPhone work pretty much like, say, an AT&T or Verizon LTE iPhone?  (And hey, Qualcomm has the compatible chipsets already.)

If it can, it remains for China Mobile to agree to terms.  That’s all there is to it.

Whether China Mobile ever does or not is important, but not critically so long-term.  You can thank whatever agency that slapped China Mobile with TD-SCDMA/TD-LTE for much of China Mobile’s 3G/LTE growth woes.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 11 September 2012 12:09 AM #118

Here is the updated weekly O/I chart from Travis, fwiw given the announcement this week. 

http://aaplpain.com/?page_id=32

Posted: 11 September 2012 12:23 AM #119

Resistance/Support Tuesday 09/11/2012

Posted: 11 September 2012 12:24 AM #120

Scott Redler’s Daily Recap

I particularly liked today’s video. smile  This guy is just plain GOOD!!!! smile

He talks about knowing your timeframe and re: today’s action, macro investors should have been yawning. wink

He covers AAPL first (after SPX).