AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 10 September 2012 09:44 AM #16

The medium term trend is up.    Profit taking at work in the early going.

Good news:  yet another dollar up on the ATH intraday.  So, another psychological barrier broken.

Posted: 10 September 2012 09:52 AM #17

Rocco P goes even further off the deep end with his AAPL-AMZN comparison this morning.  complete and utter BS, which is why i haven’t linked directly to it.

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:25 AM #18

wow, it seems after the forums design change, peeps have left the AFB faster than they leave AAPL after an iphone product announcement.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 10:33 AM #19

I have lightened up this morning.

My year is more than made and I am going to ride out the announcement a mere 35% Apple

That translates to about 45% cash

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:42 AM #20

I guess we see again “sell the news before the news”

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:43 AM #21

kloot - 10 September 2012 10:25 AM

wow, it seems after the forums design change, peeps have left the AFB faster than they leave AAPL after an iphone product announcement.

Nice quip. I think the forum is getting page views but folks are experiencing so many log in problems (whatever happened to auto log in?) that they don’t post as frequently.

Is the correct time stamp registering on your (anyone’s) comments? I’m on market time, but the time stamps I’m reading seem to be on Central Standard Time.

Edit: weird. After I logged in to comment, the time stamps switched to Eastern Standard Time. Or am I crazy? This is the problem with buggy forum software: you don’t know if it’s you or the system.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 10:44 AM #22

I can’t help but wonder if the crowded trade that everyone knows will DEFINITELY HAPPEN after the announcement (sell) is starting to happen today because of the selling anticipation.  In which case - do we go up after the announcement?  One thing for sure - this stock always surprises you.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 10 September 2012 10:52 AM #23

AAPL sell-off.  A whole 1.1 % down.    Yawn.    Some of us will buy the dip.   

Sorry about the Packer loss.  congrats to the 49ers.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 10:57 AM #24

Phoebear611 - 10 September 2012 10:44 AM

I can’t help but wonder if the crowded trade that everyone knows will DEFINITELY HAPPEN after the announcement (sell) is starting to happen today because of the selling anticipation.  In which case - do we go up after the announcement?  One thing for sure - this stock always surprises you.

True. Lots of surprises! But for us long-term holders of stock it’s all okay.

OTOH, for a short-term trade, I picked up a few Sep 680 calls for 10.05.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 11:05 AM #25

Right now some genius is establishing short term positions to take advantage of this Monday morning price dip prior to a new product launch.  I’ve been proven an idiot when trying to make $ on short time lines.  I’m just not that smart.  So, I’m sitting tight on my core common position (est. in 2009) as well as on my array of April 13 BCS.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 11:08 AM #26

dreamRaj - 10 September 2012 10:57 AM

True. Lots of surprises! But for us long-term holders of stock it’s all okay.

OTOH, for a short-term trade, I picked up a few Sep 680 calls for 10.05.

Good Luck dreamRaj.  Your much braver than me.

Posted: 10 September 2012 11:14 AM #27

Phoebes, I think you’ve nailed it. But we bounced above key support at 670, so we still have buyers on weakness.

I’m looking forward now to the third week in September, when the iPhone 5 (we hope) launches, tying up fleets of Fedex trucks.

The only thing I can predict is the unpredictable.

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:33 PM #28

Daily MACD-h crossed down.  Short-term downtrend confirmed.

Until proven otherwise, the short-term trend is DOWN.  Could have an oversold bounce, but it should be viewed as countertrend at this point.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 12:47 PM #29

Should of not bought Friday at 680.  I thought we’d have some more run up until Wednesday.  Ah well, the trials and tribulations of only trading for a few months.  I wish I would of sold some of my 120 shares and bought back sometime this week but oh well.  I’ll probably hold all of my shares until next May where I can receive the lower tax rate.  By then “hopefully” we’ll be above 680 and this will all be a learning experience.  Still nervous for the rest of the week though.

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:49 PM #30

I’ll wait for a bigger dip before piling in.

Given the importance of this week, it will be Thursday at the earliest.