AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:51 PM #31

lovemyipad - 10 September 2012 12:33 PM

Daily MACD-h crossed down.  Short-term downtrend confirmed.

Until proven otherwise, the short-term trend is DOWN.  Could have an oversold bounce, but it should be viewed as countertrend at this point.

Thank you for the input.

Signature

Waiting to be included in one of Apple’s target markets, but I still own an iPod, iPhone and iMac and APPL stock.

Posted: 10 September 2012 12:57 PM #32

Tomorrow is the 11 anniversary of the attack on the towers of the World Trade Center.  Some players may be reflexively selling.

Posted: 10 September 2012 01:12 PM #33

Treehouse - 10 September 2012 12:57 PM

Tomorrow is the 11 anniversary of the attack on the towers of the World Trade Center.  Some players may be reflexively selling.

The weather this morning felt like it was the morning of 9/11 here on the Jersey shore (and about 15 miles from the WTC): crisp and cool, blue skies, with occasional clouds.  The weather tomorrow on the anniversary is supposed to be the same, and it will also be another Tuesday (like the original 9/11).

That was a glorious morning, but unfortunately turned out to be a very, very bad day.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 01:17 PM #34

rutgersguy92 - 10 September 2012 01:12 PM
    Treehouse - 10 September 2012 12:57 PM

The weather this morning felt like it was the morning of 9/11 here on the Jersey shore (and about 15 miles from the WTC): crisp and cool, blue skies, with occasional clouds.  The weather tomorrow on the anniversary is supposed to be the same, and it will also be another Tuesday (like the original 9/11).

That was a glorious morning, but unfortunately turned out to be a very, very bad day.

So weird that you said this - I had said the same thing this morning - I remember that exact morning and the weather was the same ... sad.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 10 September 2012 01:27 PM #35

lovemyipad - 10 September 2012 12:33 PM

Daily MACD-h crossed down.  Short-term downtrend confirmed.

Until proven otherwise, the short-term trend is DOWN.  Could have an oversold bounce, but it should be viewed as countertrend at this point.

Thanks iPad.

For this observation are you looking at a 30 day 4 hour chart?

Posted: 10 September 2012 01:35 PM #36

This morning started out on very high volume, with about 5MM and change in the first hour and 15 minutes.  Since we were going down, the high volume had me a bit concerned.

However, the selling and the volume have tailed off, and it looks like we might be having a normal trading day (about 13 1/2 MM) when all is said and done.

Scott Redler also tweeted about the GOOG tree getting shaken on September 4 (last Tuesday) when it dropped from 685ish to 675ish, before closing at 680 on both Tuesday and Wednesday.  That laid the groundwork for a move to 710 over the next two days. Scott was commenting that maybe we are in a similar type of pattern (and the prices are eerily close).

• Posted: 10 September 2012 01:36 PM #37

My prediction: Close today around 675, close tomorrow 683-684. And then all bets are off, depending on the iPhone 5 event.

Edit: Only if we can hold 670 IMO we can close around 675. If we don’t hold 670, it could be 665.

[ Edited: 10 September 2012 01:40 PM by Plato ]

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 10 September 2012 01:47 PM #38

I don’t know about that stock performance today. Why would it slump $13 from the HOD on a pending great new iPhone release?? It’s not even sell the news yet. The final news about the iPhone 5 are not even out!!

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 10 September 2012 01:56 PM #39

Plato - 10 September 2012 01:47 PM

I don’t know about that stock performance today. Why would it slump $13 from the HOD on a pending great new iPhone release?? It’s not even sell the news yet. The final news about the iPhone 5 are not even out!!

Yes, but everybody is expecting “sell the news”, so they are selling before the news.
    With some very good news this might end up with a “buy the news” smile

• Posted: 10 September 2012 01:58 PM #40

668 - That’s ridiculous!!

Signature

• Posted: 10 September 2012 02:00 PM #41

This thing is so oversold on the 10min -chart - it’s not even funny anymore. Buying big here!

Signature

Posted: 10 September 2012 02:12 PM #42

Plato - 10 September 2012 02:00 PM

This thing is so oversold on the 10min -chart - it’s not even funny anymore. Buying big here!

I think it’s clear that “sell the news” has come early. Everyone knows the cycle. I’d have to check the charts, but memory tells me that “sell the news” came a day early for the iPad 3 announcement. Wall Street is just pulling the trigger early to try and screw those who were waiting for tomorrow or Wednesday to sell.  What this means is when the availability date of the IP5 is released and analysts update their models for this current quarter, we’ll have plenty of upside to take us into the Holiday quarter.

Agree it’s a buying opportunity.

I see today as “sell the rumor, buy the news!”

Posted: 10 September 2012 02:27 PM #43

rmhe1999 - 10 September 2012 02:12 PM
    Plato - 10 September 2012 02:00 PM

I think it’s clear that “sell the news” has come early. Everyone knows the cycle. I’d have to check the charts, but memory tells me that “sell the news” came a day early for the iPad 3 announcement. Wall Street is just pulling the trigger early to try and screw those who were waiting for tomorrow or Wednesday to sell.  What this means is when the availability date of the IP5 is released and analysts update their models for this current quarter, we’ll have plenty of upside to take us into the Holiday quarter.

Agree it’s a buying opportunity.

I see today as “sell the rumor, buy the news!”

I don’t know, I think we need to see what happens through Wed, but interesting thesis that the EO’s are trying to take scalps early.

This really is nonsensical price action.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 10 September 2012 02:33 PM #44

I thought I’ve seen all the FUD some low life journalists publish - but this one beats it all. ‘Apple Inc. (AAPL) Enabling Forced Abortions in China?’. I won’t put up the link - don’t want this paper to get any hits.

Signature

Posted: 10 September 2012 02:33 PM #45

Bought 10 Apr 600 when AAPL was about 673. May buy another 10 near the close.

Signature

Striving to exceed the needs of the future.