AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

Posted: 14 September 2012 04:55 AM #436

Meanwhile, back on the Intraday thread, the futures were green everywhere and AAPL is up over$3 in the premarket.

What could go wrong?

Signature

Striving to exceed the needs of the future.

Posted: 14 September 2012 05:01 AM #437

moltenfire - 14 September 2012 04:29 AM
    Mav - 14 September 2012 04:07 AM

SWEET MERCY!

2 week shipping time?  ALREADY?!

:D

Fell asleep and woke up around 4am Eastern, logged onto Apple’s site and see it’s 2 weeks shipping time even for the unlocked $699 16GB (Canada) as well.  So I guess mom gets her new iPhone by Oct 5, 2 weeks after launch :(

Yeah, I dozed off for an hourly and a half and boom- 2 weeks plus 5 day delivery. Is that 19 days total? Yikes! I have an offer from Gazelle for my 4S that expires tomorrow too. That means I have to ship it off immediately. Can I live for that long without My Precious?! I’m gonna have some serious Phantom Thigh Buzz going on…

http://macdailynews.com/2012/06/22/idisorder-iphone-obsession-brings-no-relief-for-imagined-vibrations/

[ Edited: 14 September 2012 05:07 AM by AAPLtini ]      

Posted: 14 September 2012 05:26 AM #438

So what are everyone’s thoughts? Does the quick extension in shipping times mean apple has very little supply and not many sales in Q3? Or is apple holding a bunch back for launch day retail sales and the other 28 countries launching this month?

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 14 September 2012 05:37 AM #439

I suspect Apple will beat the 2 weeks and ship early to get these in the quarter. As to how many, maybe we will get a number tomorrow.

Signature

Striving to exceed the needs of the future.

Posted: 14 September 2012 05:41 AM #440

“Available to Ship:  2 weeks” sounds to me like more iPhone 5s will become available to ship around the 27th.

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Teamâ„¢
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 14 September 2012 05:58 AM #441

Ok —ATT site has issues—can’t seem to process.  AAPL site got 3 of them and may have to order a 4th later. Will have to wait 2 weeks….so excited.  Now I need to take time to order the 50 million adapters and power chords for cars and house….nightmare….but well worth it.
    Stock in PM at 687.00 +4.00—SWEET! (probably word got out that I put my order in and it moved the stock—lol)

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 14 September 2012 06:10 AM #442

Yes, the iPhone 5 is the most important news for AAPL right now.

However, I think that AAPL does not trade totally independent from the market. And when I recall lovemyipad correctly, Q1 and Q2 were real ignition points for market rallies. What impact will Q3 have on the market in the next few weeks/months?

Signature

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” Albert Einstein

• Posted: 14 September 2012 06:37 AM #443

Fastest 1-2 days to 2 weeks shipping time transition I have ever seen.  I wanted an unlocked phone (here in the U.S. but wasn’t an option.  Seems it will be in about a month. 
    I’ll pile on:  don’t like the new format of the board and not conducive to some of the essential characteristics of a board.  Seems like someone had a need for space: too much space.

Posted: 14 September 2012 08:47 AM #444

http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/09/14/apples_iphone_5_praised_as_a_rolex_among_a_sea_of_timexes

Apple’s iPhone 5 praised as ‘a Rolex among a sea of Timexes’
    By Neil Hughes

The quality and build of the iPhone 5 will be enough to impress consumers in a market dominated by cheaply made smartphones, according to one analyst.

Gene Munster with Piper Jaffray said while the iPhone 5 is like a Rolex, many competing phones “feel more like cheaper Timex-brand watches. He questioned why someone would buy a Timex when they can have a Rolex for the same price.

Munster believes Apple will sell anywhere from 6 million to 10 million of the iPhone 5 in the September quarter, which concludes just over a week after the iPhone 5 goes on sale in 9 countries, including the U.S. He thinks total iPhone sales will hit 49 million in Apple’s December quarter.

The analyst dismissed a sense of mixed opinions in what he referred to as the tech “media bubble.” Having spent time with the iPhone 5 himself, he believes customers will be pleasantly surprised.

In particular, he said the feel and build of the iPhone 5 is beyond that of any previous iPhone. He also feels the weight difference between the iPhone 5 and the iPhone 4S is “meaningful,” and many consumers will immediately notice the difference.

Piper Jaffray also tracked online consumer sentiment surrounding the iPhone 5 through a firm called Investing Analytics. It showed that Twitter posts about the iPhone 5 were up 460 percent year over year compared to the day Apple announced the iPhone 4S.

In addition, blog posts about the iPhone 5 were also up 100 percent year over year compared to the iPhone 4S unveiling a year ago.

“Most importantly, we believe the sentiment around iPhone 5 was significantly better than that of the iPhone 4S,” Munster wrote on Friday. “Based on the same study by Investing Analytics, we believe that 73% of tweets about the iPhone 5 during launch day were positive compared to 51% for the iPhone 4S launch. We believe this is to be expected given the phone is redesigned while the iPhone 4S was not.”

[ Edited: 14 September 2012 09:24 AM by DavidCV100 ]      

Posted: 14 September 2012 08:54 AM #445

Just ordered an unlocked white 32GB at the German AppleStore: 2 weeks delivery!
    The T-Mobile website does have problems because of too much interest in iPhone 5 (they tell you so)! They are the only ones here who have iPhone compatible LTE frequency, and only in large cities.

Posted: 14 September 2012 09:17 AM #446

689 is pre-market.  As low as 687

Posted: 14 September 2012 09:39 AM #447

Elmar - 14 September 2012 08:54 AM

The T-Mobile website does have problems because of too much interest in iPhone 5 (they tell you so)! They are the only ones here who have iPhone compatible LTE frequency, and only in large cities.

Anyone know when the US unlocked phones go up for sale?

Signature

“Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.”
    - Jimi Hendrix

Posted: 14 September 2012 09:40 AM #448

Rule of thumb still works:

AAPL up $ 5 in pre-market.  Add 40 % or so to that increase.  Currently 691.    2 dimes under ATH intraday.

Posted: 14 September 2012 09:44 AM #449

Up 4 dimes,  no 6 dimes

692   ATH

• Posted: 14 September 2012 09:45 AM #450

incorrigible - 14 September 2012 09:39 AM
    Elmar - 14 September 2012 08:54 AM

Anyone know when the US unlocked phones go up for sale?

If history is a guide, 2-4 weeks.