AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

• Posted: 10 September 2012 02:37 PM #46

Plato - 10 September 2012 02:33 PM

I thought I’ve seen all the FUD some low life journalists publish - but this one beats it all. ‘Apple Inc. (AAPL) Enabling Forced Abortions in China?’. I won’t put up the link - don’t want this paper to get any hits.

Yeah, I was just thinking about how Google Finance doesn’t link to any semi-reputable news sources anymore… it’s all junk now. If you compare the Yahoo! Finance feed to the Google one, there’s a huge difference.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 02:41 PM #47

At this speed, we will be at 640 by the time the even starts. F$#%ing ridiculous!

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

• Posted: 10 September 2012 02:43 PM #48

I called a few broker dealers - they aren’t seeing anything other than some people taking profits before Wed because of concern that everyone would rush to sell on Wed to follow what seems to be a pattern.  It validates what I said earlier ... it was sounding like a crowded trade and people are trying to front run the other sellers.  I’m convinced of it. But what the heck do I know.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

• Posted: 10 September 2012 02:46 PM #49

Phoebear611 - 10 September 2012 02:43 PM

I called a few broker dealers - they aren’t seeing anything other than some people taking profits before Wed because of concern that everyone would rush to sell on Wed to follow what seems to be a pattern.  It validates what I said earlier ... it was sounding like a crowded trade and people are trying to front run the other sellers.  I’m convinced of it. But what the heck do I know.

So if you think people are trying to front run other sellers, then, if you’re right, there will be much more selling and we could see 650 by Wednesday!??

Signature

“We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.” - Aesop

Posted: 10 September 2012 02:48 PM #50

iCam - 10 September 2012 01:27 PM
    lovemyipad - 10 September 2012 12:33 PM

Daily MACD-h crossed down.  Short-term downtrend confirmed.

Until proven otherwise, the short-term trend is DOWN.  Could have an oversold bounce, but it should be viewed as countertrend at this point.

Thanks iPad.

For this observation are you looking at a 30 day 4 hour chart?

AAPL Daily Chart

Posted: 10 September 2012 02:48 PM #51

Plato - 10 September 2012 02:41 PM

At this speed, we will be at 640 by the time the even starts. F$#%ing ridiculous!

This is starting to remind me of the action on April 10 to be exact when the EOs tanked the stock at 644 after that parabolic run. That was 2 weeks before April OPEX.  Hope this isn’t more of the same!!  This being Sept 10 and Sept OPEX is 2 weeks away!!

[ Edited: 10 September 2012 02:53 PM by macZiggy ]      
  • Posted: 10 September 2012 02:50 PM #52

Each buying attempt is countered with heavy selling. Not a good sign. 650s here we come.

Signature

• Posted: 10 September 2012 02:55 PM #53

No I don’t think there is more selling Wednesday - I think we are seeing the selling today - and who knows about tomorrow but didn’t everyone expect a sell off here once the news was announced? Well every other site I visit was saying the same EXACT thing - so what is YOUR TRADING EDGE? You try to beat out the crowd ... and that is what I think may be happening. But it is ugly and it sucks because it screws the technicals in general.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 10 September 2012 02:56 PM #54

Buy the F’n dip! I wouldn’t leg in here (or anywhere, I gave that up), but I am snatching up some intact spread deals. Christmas came early. If you can’t beat these EO’s join ‘em. This is total Trading Places action.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

• Posted: 10 September 2012 02:59 PM #55

Yes, it sure does. If we close below Friday’s low of 675.77, it could signal a reversal day (or a bearish engulfing). Support in the 649 area. Yikes!

Signature

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:03 PM #56

Plato - 10 September 2012 02:59 PM

Yes, it sure does. If we close below Friday’s low of 675.77, it could signal a reversal day (or a bearish engulfing). Support in the 649 area. Yikes!

I think they call it an “outside” day.

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:05 PM #57

macZiggy - 10 September 2012 02:48 PM
    Plato - 10 September 2012 02:41 PM

This is starting to remind me of the action on April 10 to be exact when the EOs tanked the stock at 644 after that parabolic run. That was 2 weeks before April OPEX.  Hope this isn’t more of the same!!  This being Sept 10 and Sept OPEX is 2 weeks away!!

I believe we also did something similar on July 10.

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:06 PM #58

Plato - 10 September 2012 02:59 PM

Coming in here and posting panicky comments every 10 minutes really helps. I get FUD all over the Net, we don’t need panic in here too. Take deep breaths before you post. This board is not a psychologist’s office.

Freaking 2% move, no big deal.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:11 PM #59

Well at least VXAPL is up today…

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 10 September 2012 03:30 PM #60

kloot - 10 September 2012 10:25 AM

wow, it seems after the forums design change, peeps have left the AFB faster than they leave AAPL after an iphone product announcement.

Why, after all these years, do these forums still not have an iPhone formatted option? Is this something that exists and I’m just not seeing?