AAPL Intraday Updates - Archive

• Posted: 10 September 2012 04:11 PM #76

Bought ten 700 weeklies for $1.15 each.

Put in an order for monthly Sep 680s at 6.05 to double down on today morning’s purchase.

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:13 PM #77

dreamRaj - 10 September 2012 04:11 PM

Bought ten 700 weeklies for $1.15 each.

Put in an order for monthly Sep 680s at 6.05 to double down on today morning’s purchase.

Raj, still fighting the good fight. 

Good luck with those, Raj.

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:15 PM #78

Happy thought, Prazan…uh, no.

The upper levels are right around here, the low 660s.  If AAPL doesn’t hold, I may hedge for a little while with some bear put spreads.

This is more AAPL Chart Talk, but for now, after the low 660s I’m looking at:

- about 656-657ish (23.8% Fib retrace reference point of 570ish to 683ish move).  I guess the 21-day moving average is around that same area.

- about 654-ish (38.2% of my fringe measured move theory from 607ish to 683ish post-earnings gap down)

All just shorter-term trading signposts for me.  I see no reason to get panicked out of my Jan 14s by any means.

[ Edited: 10 September 2012 05:08 PM by Mav ]

Signature

The Summer of AAPL is here.  Enjoy it (responsibly) while it lasts.
    AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 04:15 PM #79

Added 3 more Jan 14 900 @ 30.50 to my existing 7.  Modeling a Sponge like 1200 for Jan 14 for a potential 10 bagger.  Unlike Sponge, my strike prices are lower so I can at least get my money back if it only hits 930, which i think is realistic and moreso after I saw the Braeburn Sep 13 900 topic out of the corner of my eye.

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:18 PM #80

These are actually the times to buy, like Raj did, even though that sick feeling in the gut says “Sell, Sell, Sell”.

This might very well turn out to be an event like Friday, 8-30-12, when the stock hit 658 intraday, but then came back (Red Dog Reversal) to hit 668 before closing at 665; the next day, it popped another 10.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 04:28 PM #81

I gather iPad will post some charts later - not seeing anything as of yet.  What a crappy day and completely unexpected today—but not unexpected this week.  The talk out there was 5-10% correction after the announcement so I guess it happened earlier.  No need to panic - just make adjustments.  I have zero doubt that I will look back on this week when January is here and kick myself for not backing up the truck….this is really a WTF sale but I need Ms. iPad to read a few tea leaves here.
    The only other thing I can think of is that there were people who lightened up in general - and of course AAPL is one of their biggest gainers - ahead of the Fed on Thursday.  They may be protecting their gains and don’t want to be surprised by anything unexpected happening or for that matter not happening on Thursday.  I’ll just throw that out there too.

Signature

Keep Calm and Carry On

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:28 PM #82

my best trade in this past year was buying sept and oct call spreads right at the opening bell, the day after apple reported earnings in July.
    if there is more of a dip like todays, i’ll load up again for dec/jan options.

Once you forget about the panic, you remember that this is Apple and it’s still pretty much guaranteed that the incoming revenue for the Christmas quarter is going to be absolutely ridiculous.  The same way people are trying to possibly jump ahead of the ‘sell the news’, people will try to jump ahead of the ‘buy before Apple earnings’. 

I’m in love with Aapltrader’s strategy of buying/selling 5-10% in the money options spreads, and I’d say doing so on these dips is as close to a guaranteed win as you can get.

• Posted: 10 September 2012 04:29 PM #83

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2012/09/10/apple-shares-drop-iphone-5-jitters-setting-in/
    Apple Shares Drop: iPhone 5 Jitters Setting In?

“The stock — which had gone nearly straight up since hitting new all-time highs last month — finished down more than 2% just two days before Apple is expected to unveil a new iPhone,” Russolillo reports. “Considering the stock’s sharp rally throughout the last few weeks, a little profit taking doesn’t come as a total shocker. And before panic ensues, it’s worth pointing out this selloff barely causes a dent in Apple’s yearlong rise, (the stock is still up 64% in 2012).”

Russolillo reports, “But to some chart watchers, there could be some underlying technical factors behind today’s drop that could portend more trouble ahead. From Dow Jones’ technical guru Tomi Kilgore: If it acts like a reversal, you have to assume it is one. Apple (AAPL) opened at $680.45, above Friday’s close of $680.44, then rose to an all-time high of $683.29 before reversing ground. Apple is now down more than 2%, on track to close below Friday’s low of $675.77. If it does, that type of behavior can either be called a ‘bearish engulfing’ or a ‘key reversal day.’ Either way, it warns of short-term pullback. Levels to watch include potential gap support at $648.19-$649.90 and $636.76-$638.81. A key level to keep in mind is the 50-day moving average, which comes in today at $627.19. Shares dropped 2.6% to $662.74.”

Read more at http://macdailynews.com/2012/09/10/apple-shares-drop-iphone-5-jitters-setting-in/#xO5j34MhM03431YX.99

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:36 PM #84

Speaking to no one in particular, best off doing your own homework than blind-faith reliance on talking heads.

If you’re trading short-term, just think price levels.  And position accordingly depending on where your timeframe conviction(s) is/are at.

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 September 2012 04:59 PM #85

burtonair - 10 September 2012 04:15 PM

Added 3 more Jan 14 900 @ 30.50 to my existing 7.  Modeling a Sponge like 1200 for Jan 14 for a potential 10 bagger.  Unlike Sponge, my strike prices are lower so I can at least get my money back if it only hits 930, which i think is realistic and moreso after I saw the Braeburn Sep 13 900 topic out of the corner of my eye.

Welcome to the Jan 14 900 club. I too am looking forward to $1000+ in 2013.

Signature

Full Disclosure:

- Long Apple
    - Pro: Apple HDTV, iPhone Air, Stock split, Consumer robotics

Posted: 10 September 2012 05:00 PM #86

Wanted to point out what many of you might know, but I haven’t seen talked about here. The iPhone event is 10AM PT on Wed, so that does leave a 3.5 hour trading window before the actual announcement.

So basically one and a half trading sessions left…

A weird day, but it is hard for me to imagine dropping all the way into the largest product launch ever.

Signature

We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them. — Steve Jobs, 2007

Posted: 10 September 2012 05:02 PM #87

Got stopped out of my Oct calls at breakeven. oh well.

Anything is possible this week and nothing much would surprise me. WAG- Pushed down today and tomorrow morning while evil overlords and a few smart AFBers back up the truck. Upward rocket launch may start as soon as tomorrow afternoon.

Lots of turbulence ahead… keep your hands and feet in the vehicle at all times.

Signature

I’ve never owned a windows PC. Never will.

High tech Meditation Music

Posted: 10 September 2012 05:03 PM #88

terps530 - 10 September 2012 04:28 PM

I’m in love with Aapltrader’s strategy of buying/selling 5-10% in the money options spreads, and I’d say doing so on these dips is as close to a guaranteed win as you can get.

So that would be 610/630 BCS, based on today’s closing price?

Posted: 10 September 2012 05:05 PM #89

Options are options.  It’s the stock market at higher speeds, no matter what strategy you end up taking (except maybe selling calls against shares).

Signature

AFB Night Owl Team™
    Thanks, Steve.

Posted: 10 September 2012 05:08 PM #90

stevereel - 10 September 2012 05:02 PM

Got stopped out of my Oct calls at breakeven. oh well.

WAG- Pushed down today and tomorrow morning while evil overlords and a few smart AFBers back up the truck. Upward rocket launch may start as soon as tomorrow afternoon.

Or sooner.  We just might see a Red Dog reversal tomorrow morning, to support what you are saying.