Weekend Updates - Archive

• Posted: 15 September 2012 03:07 AM #16

Gregg Thurman - 14 September 2012 11:57 PM

Not me.  I’m going on sabbatical for a couple of weeks, then I’ll drop in to see if TMO has been fixed. If not I’m out of here. In the mean time I’m going to check Zaky’s site.

Hope everyone profits nicely, and TMO can get its act together. I liked this community.

Why not drop by the new place then?  It will help keep the community together while changes are made here.

[ Edited: 16 September 2012 11:32 PM by lovemyipad ]      
  • Posted: 15 September 2012 11:31 AM #17

Technology columnist Tim Bajarin just Tweeted this…

“AT&T told me that their stores had lines of 20+ pre-ordering the iPhone. That has not happened before for pre-orders. Only for 1st day sales”.

Here in the UK I ordered mine early on Friday morning when the delivery time had already slipped to 2 weeks. Now they are quoting 2-3 weeks.

Looking forward to an announcement from Apple on Monday on pre-order numbers. Hopefully we will get another gap up into opening, taking us north of $700.

[ Edited: 15 September 2012 12:36 PM by rob_london ]      
  • Posted: 15 September 2012 05:30 PM #18

mcharliem - 14 September 2012 08:51 PM

Anyone still trying to make sense of the one-hour sellout?  At first it seemed almost too fast if they really had a huge stock ready. But is it possible the number of guarenteed 9/21 preorders is bottlenecked by a hard number of deliveries that can be made nationwide. Or at the very least, a set number that UPS, Fed Ex, etc were able to allow them.  That could explain why it jumped to “two weeks” so quickly but hasn’t budged from two weeks despite what I’m sure are a ton of people that didn’t wake up before 4ET but still preordered today.

I think this is EXACTLY the right question to be asking.

• Posted: 16 September 2012 12:38 PM #19

veritas - 15 September 2012 05:30 PM
    mcharliem - 14 September 2012 08:51 PM

Anyone still trying to make sense of the one-hour sellout?  At first it seemed almost too fast if they really had a huge stock ready. But is it possible the number of guarenteed 9/21 preorders is bottlenecked by a hard number of deliveries that can be made nationwide. Or at the very least, a set number that UPS, Fed Ex, etc were able to allow them.  That could explain why it jumped to “two weeks” so quickly but hasn’t budged from two weeks despite what I’m sure are a ton of people that didn’t wake up before 4ET but still preordered today.

I think this is EXACTLY the right question to be asking.

If the bottleneck is the one-day delivery limit for 9/21, then we should see a bunch of these orders that were quoted “2 weeks” start arriving early during the week of 9/24.  It’s also possible Apple will have a ton of stock at their stores next weekend.

• Posted: 16 September 2012 01:17 PM #20

Just noticed the funky wording in my confirmation from AT & T. As soon as 9-21, is a lot different than ON 9-21.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

We’re pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012.

• Posted: 16 September 2012 03:41 PM #21

What is with everyone complaining about the boards. Im pretty much used to it now. It works, its functional. People around here get bent out of shape too easily.
    \
    Cant wait till trading starts, I think we see some profit taking apple has been going straight up lately.

[ Edited: 16 September 2012 03:46 PM by nate010203 ]      

Posted: 16 September 2012 03:47 PM #22

Okay, I think all of our points re: the renovations have been made.  If you have additional suggestions / requests (that have not already been made!), go here:

Forum Design Feedback

The Powers That Be have asked for more time to implement.  Meanwhile, we have set up temporary lodging while renovations are underway.  So, let’s move on to other topics…

[ Edited: 16 September 2012 06:18 PM by lovemyipad ]