AAPL Intraday Updates (Archive)

Posted: 17 September 2012 01:23 AM #16

Treehouse - 17 September 2012 12:42 AM

see link above by Apple IIe

IIe was great. But II+ is the name.

Signature2:
    My avatar weeps over the forum changes.

Signature

The only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. — Steve Jobs

Posted: 17 September 2012 01:25 AM #17

Apple II+ - 17 September 2012 01:16 AM

The official one, I think. The one with the admin insulting the forum members anyway. I posted there earlier in defense of Mercel, but was shut down.
    (...)

This thread:
    http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/forums/viewthread/85048/

• Posted: 17 September 2012 10:34 AM #18

adamthompson32 - 17 September 2012 01:17 AM

I assume we will never see some of the most knowledgeable posters here again. Wondering where Mercel, Gregg, and the thousands of other permanent defectors will go? This board will never recover so it’s time to find a new board permanently.

Five years of pleasure and fun
    at a forum with serious stuff.
    Tommo as a verbal spluttering gun
    gave advice when times were unsure and rough.
    So after all; when I write my goodbye
    it is a thank you to all of you out there:
    Your comments from near and so far,
    part of my investing thoughts they were
    and bought me a new house and a car.
    I am saying goodbye with a smile on my face
    and hope to see you again at a forum another place…

• Posted: 18 September 2012 08:50 AM #19

lovemyipad - 17 September 2012 01:25 AM

The official one, I think. The one with the admin insulting the forum members anyway. I posted there earlier in defense of Mercel, but was shut down.
    (...)

This thread:

IPad. Are the administrators still looking for input?  I am a number of other boards and by far the best IMHO I have seen is Vbulletin ($250).  An example of this in opertion is thehulltruth.com (a boating forum).  I certainly respect and understand many of the issues of changing a board but I really hate to see people migrate over to something else because of aesthetics and what seemingly is a $250 problem.

• Posted: 18 September 2012 09:04 AM #20

fas550 - 18 September 2012 08:50 AM
    lovemyipad - 17 September 2012 01:25 AM

(...)

This thread:

IPad. Are the administrators still looking for input?  I am a number of other boards and by far the best IMHO I have seen is Vbulletin ($250).  An example of this in opertion is thehulltruth.com (a boating forum).  I certainly respect and understand many of the issues of changing a board but I really hate to see people migrate over to something else because of aesthetics and what seemingly is a $250 problem.

Found the feedback thread.  Nevermind above.  Seems this is all about rebranding for the entire site and the forums are not viewed as a key component to the main site.  Interesting because the way I found the site in the first place was a result of a top hit on a search that sent me to the forum initially then I went on to the main site.

Posted: 18 September 2012 10:01 AM #21

The front page of USA Today mentions, “stay tuned for our iPhone 5 review at 9pm tonight”, which probably means all of the early reviewers will be posting their thoughts about iPhone 5 tonight.

Signature

Tim Cook: iPad is 91% of all tablet web traffic. I don’t know what these other tablets are doing.

• Posted: 20 September 2012 01:48 AM #22

I’m closing this topic early to begin work on recasting the discussions in the AFB community. We will explore a new format for trading discussions as early as the beginning of next week.