Apple Reports 5 Million iPhone 5s Sold

• Posted: 25 September 2012 01:06 AM

I’m sure some license was taken, but Apple reported 5 million iPhone 5s sold over the weekend.

What’s your view on the number?

Posted: 27 September 2012 07:59 AM #1

Apple is about planned growth. They pre-manufactured 5 million iPhone 5s and sold them all. Now they move into regular production on-demand.

(OT: just back from Europe. Where is everybody?)

Signature

Use your powers for good.

Posted: 27 September 2012 07:15 PM #2

I’d bet everything I hold dear on that five million figure and more. There is no iPhone 5 to be had anywhere in town. Actually, the Apple Store did have one or two of the 64 Gigs for Sprint, but that’s it. Nothing in the whole of Northeast Ohio and, I don’t believe, in Columbus either. However, since I try to disown anything south of Mansfield, I don’t know about them. wink Maybe I should look at Detroit to see if there’s any inventory there. I really, REALLY want my iPhone. Then again, I may have to buy a new iMac to run it. *sigh*

• Posted: 29 September 2012 05:18 AM #3

It should be higher than 5 million

• Posted: 30 September 2012 09:45 PM #4

MacTad - 27 September 2012 07:15 PM

I’d bet everything I hold dear on that five million figure and more. There is no iPhone 5 to be had anywhere in town. Actually, the Apple Store did have one or two of the 64 Gigs for Sprint, but that’s it. Nothing in the whole of Northeast Ohio and, I don’t believe, in Columbus either. However, since I try to disown anything south of Mansfield, I don’t know about them. wink Maybe I should look at Detroit to see if there’s any inventory there. I really, REALLY want my iPhone. Then again, I may have to buy a new iMac to run it. *sigh*

Apple introduced the iPhone 5 in 22 countries on Friday. There are many reports of domestic pre-orders arriving by the weekend that had October delivery dates in the initial pre-order confirmation.

Domestic availability may improve following this weekend’s international product rollouts.