the “what are you listening to right now” thread..

• Posted: 06 January 2003 07:32 PM #16

[quote author=“L0u13”]Visit (311 - Music)

like to say this seems like something that should be in the chain gang :wink:

Actually, it’s kinda already on the Couch .  :wink:

But, anyway: I’ve been listening to some Mastadon Remission and Jeff Buckley Grace. Quite a combo…

Signature

—Katherine

• Posted: 07 January 2003 02:57 AM #17

Continuing this thread until some mod moves it to either Siberia or the Chain Gang, here’s my current playlist:

1. Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
    2. Coldplay - A Rush of Blood To The Head
    3. Bebel Gilberto - Tanto Tempo
    4. Basement Jaxx - Rooty
    5. Chemical Brothers - Surrender
    6. Sigur Ros - ()

Rock on!

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

Posted: 07 January 2003 12:17 PM #18

[quote author=“bweels”]Mannheim Steamroller’s first Fresh Aire album. I haven’t listened to it in ages. smile

When I was younger, III was my favorite (was also the first Fresh Aire album I ever heard). Now I’d have to put II in that slot. I love the quiet piano pieces on that one.

Right now I’m listening to Aztec Camera, Over My Head. (you know, through this thing. :D )

Signature

Rob

widgets :: music :: photos :: twitter

Posted: 07 January 2003 12:43 PM #19

[quote author=“someToast”][quote author=“bweels”]Mannheim Steamroller’s first Fresh Aire album. I haven’t listened to it in ages. smile

When I was younger, III was my favorite (was also the first Fresh Aire album I ever heard). Now I’d have to put II in that slot. I love the quiet piano pieces on that one.

II has always been my favorite. In fact, I learned to play a few of those pieces on the piano. smile

Signature

Brian

It depends on what you look at, obviously,
    But even more it depends on the way that you see

• Posted: 08 January 2003 01:06 AM #20

I plead guilty of being totally ignorant of Mannheim Steamroller. Time to check if they don’t have anything in the local library.

Playing now:

Kelis - Wanderland

Signature

Eindvijand

Resident “Crazy Belgian of TMO”™

“It takes twenty years or more of peace to make a man; it only takes twenty seconds of war to destroy him.”
    – King Baudouin I of Belgium

• Posted: 08 January 2003 05:13 PM #21

fox news hannity and colmes

oreilly factor before that.

the best news station period. wink

Signature

Posted: 09 January 2003 09:23 PM #22

Throughout my day either iTunes or my iPod is probably playing my music library on random.

Mr. Rogers (KoRn - Life is Peachy)

Signature

-Louie

• Posted: 10 January 2003 07:41 AM #23

[quote author=“bweels”]II has always been my favorite. In fact, I learned to play a few of those pieces on the piano. smile

I played Mannheim Steamroller’s version of Stille Nacht from the first Christmas album for the prenuptial music at my wedding.  We had to use a french horn and an oboe instead of a violin and oboe… but it sounded very cool.  My old piano teacher was proud.

My wife and I’s first date was to see Mannheim Steamroller on their Fresh Aire 8 / Christmas tour two years ago.  I had wanted to see them since high school, but could never find anyone who had heard of them or would have appreciated the music.  So, my senior year in college I asked every girl I went on a date with if they knew who Mannheim Steamroller was.  I can’t count how many times I heard, “I don’t know… construction equipment?”

My wife was they only one who said “Yes”.  (She’s a music teacher)

And to keep with the thread… I’m listening to Joe Satriani’s Crystal Planet CD.

Signature

I’m out of time, patience and my mind… but I have plenty of excuses.

Posted: 10 January 2003 11:30 AM #24

I’m listening to a couple Anime soundtracks I picked up over christmas: Cowboy Bebop’s “Music for Freelance” remixes, and “Noir”.

What can I say, I’m a sucker for Yoko Kanno’s soundtracks, and one of the Anime stations had a couple of good tunes from NOIR on them.

Signature

-Jon Roth

Instant Philosopher; Just add hot topic and stir.

Posted: 11 January 2003 02:35 PM #25

Obey the Cowgod (Green Jell? - Cereal Killer Soundtrack)

Signature

-Louie

• Posted: 11 January 2003 05:46 PM #26

I’m listening to the Pacers/Warriors game :D

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde

• Posted: 11 January 2003 07:06 PM #27

Squeeze - Pulling Mussels From A Shell   LOL

• Posted: 16 January 2003 12:35 AM #28

Philip Glass - Metamorphosis Four

• Posted: 16 January 2003 02:47 AM #29

B.B. King - Nobody Loves Me But My Mother (And Even She Might Be Jivin’)

Signature

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
    - Oscar Wilde

• Posted: 16 January 2003 01:55 PM #30

“A Question of Heaven” by Iced Earth.  The album, “The Dark Saga” is based entirely on Todd McFarlane’s Spawn comic book series.  It’s heavy metal, but rather sad and melancholy.

Signature

Common Sense Ain’t.