iPhone Case: Yes or No?

Poll: Is your iPhone 5 in a case?
Total Votes: 29
No. Mine is au naturel.
Yep. Mine enjoys the protection of a case.
Not yet. I’m still looking for the right case.

Posted: 10 October 2012 09:14 AM

The iPhone 5 has a great look, but like previous models, at least some owners are worried about keeping their iPhone looking new—and that makes case makers happy. Are you wrapping your iPhone 5 in a case?

• Posted: 10 October 2012 09:37 AM #1

Yeah, I put my new iPhone 5 in a slim hard case right after unboxing it. It’s a pity, really, because it’s a real beauty when “naked”. Thing is, I’d like it to stay in that mint condition for as long as possible. It’s a compromise, alright.

Signature

Not an insider - not an outsider. Just right in the middle of it all.

Posted: 10 October 2012 10:05 AM #2

Yes in a case…adds no weight ..looks just a nice and there is no worry about it getting damaged….

• Posted: 10 October 2012 10:17 AM #3

Mine is in its second case already.

I bought a cheap one on the day i picked it up but was never happy with it.

Now in its second case which is ALMOST invisible, does not hide the thinness or design of the iPhone while protecting it, at least a little!  grin

Robin

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:04 PM #4

Only type of ‘case’ i ever use is a skin. Only reason I use a skin is to prevent any scratching to either side while laying the phone on a surface. Other than that I cannot stand the bulk that a case or bumper adds.

Posted: 10 October 2012 12:58 PM #5

I had to answer yes even though I do not yet have an iPhone 5 because I always keep my iPhones in a case. Not just for the protection they provide, but for the matte finish that gives me a better hold.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

• Posted: 10 October 2012 08:48 PM #6

I had it in a slim hard case before I left the store when I bought it.

• Posted: 11 October 2012 10:09 AM #7

Buddy of mine doesn’t use a case and one month out and there are scratches and dings all along the back and sides of the phone.

That does not look good IMHO.

• Posted: 17 October 2012 04:03 PM #8

I picked up a bumper case from Monoprice for my iPhone 5. It’s very similar to the bumper Apple had for the 4/4S, but lacks the metalic buttons and only costs about $5. I never put it in the same pocket as keys or other potentially damaging objects, but careful as I am I still manage to drop it once in a while. So I like that style of case to protect against drops without covering more of the phone than necessary.

[ Edited: 17 October 2012 04:09 PM by David Nelson ]

• Posted: 23 October 2012 04:50 PM #9

Hi all,

I recently purchased an Audrey Hepburn iPhone 4 case from a guy based in the UK. He hand makes them and the quality is second to none really…Even the packaging is cool.

The way he thinks is the case is for design and look not just for practicality.
    I also believe he does iPhone 5 cases too?! - I think!!

He has a load of designs and also makes bespoke ones too.

Anyway thought it would be worth a post as I am genuinely happy with my new case. I will certainly be ordering some for Christmas presents!!

His feedback was really reassuring for me too.

The store is Aaron c barber designs on etsy. If you google that you should find him…

• Posted: 06 November 2012 02:58 AM #10

My iPhone 5 stays in a really nice hand stitched leather sleeve.

Shipped from Europe, it took about 2-3 weeks to arrive but the wait was worth it. Perfect fit (after about 1 week of wear) and eye catching. I attached a picture of it.

If you are looking for something like this or more models, check out this manufacturer workshop, http://www.AtelierPall.com.

Image Attachments

iphone_leather_sleeve_brown_tan_1__62598.1350484829_.1000_.1000-small_.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Posted: 15 November 2012 05:22 PM #11

+

Still on my iPhone 4S, but definitely use a case: a translucent paper-thin Incipio so thin that a lot of people don’t even think I use a case. It keeps my iPhone in mint condition, as have cases for my iPhone 3 and 4, which makes a very big deal at resale time. Were I to get the iPhone 5, it would definitely have a case as well. Alas, I am only halfway through my 4S contract!

Signature

mrmwebmax (formerly mrmgraphics)
    Max out your site! mrmwebmax.com

• Posted: 31 December 2012 04:41 AM #12

My iPhone 5 is in a case from the day i bought it, since i believe it keeps it safe from all kinds of damages. And therefore my Iphone is free from scratches and it looks new as ever.

• Posted: 04 June 2013 11:42 AM #13

i don’t need the protection, but i do like the decoration. just bought a case theming game of thrones from a site http://www.iphonecasesexpress.co.uk. the price is very good, but the delivery takes quite some time. any way, i like HBO and i especially like the dragon mother, so i got a picture of her in my case, it is nice and cool!

attached is the picture.

Image Attachments

game_of_thrones.jpg

• Posted: 12 June 2013 04:46 PM #14

Yes you should get a case!  It doesn’t have to be any of the really boring ones though, you can make create your own if you want.  I got my idea from this blog
    https://www.case-monkey.com/iphones-styled-for-summer-use-your-photos-on-iphone-cases/
    but it doesn’t have to limited to summer, it can be anything!  You could create a case that looks like the back of your phone if it wanted it to still look like that too i guess haha.

• Posted: 20 August 2013 09:10 PM #15

You guys should check out the LifeBox case.  Thinner, Lighter, Tougher, with a holster, and better design.  It is available through resellers on eBay / Amazon.

Image Attachments

5.jpg