Are You Buying an iPad mini?

Poll: Are You Buying an iPad mini?
Total Votes: 21
Yep. I don’t even need to see the official specs first.
Nope. A smaller screen iPad isn’t for me.
Maybe. I need to see what it does first.

Posted: 12 October 2012 10:09 AM

Even though Apple hasn’t sent out invitations to the media yet, it looks like we’ll be seeing the rumored iPad mini unveiling on October 23. Are you planning on buying one?

Posted: 12 October 2012 11:02 AM #1

I need to wait and see, to hold it for the ergonomics. More importantly how it works for my wife, I would probably get one for her, I already have an iPad 2.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 12 October 2012 11:29 AM #2

I’m seriously interested in one. My iPod Touch is exceedingly useful but it’s hard to compose anything on the tiny screen. I wouldn’t need to take my glasses off to surf the web either so the iPad7 would be ideal. Note though:
    I have no interest in any cell data. I don’t have it on our other iPad. Don’t need it on this one.
    I’m interested in the specs. If the guts are similar to the iPhone4S or even iPad2 fine. If they try to really lowball it then maybe not.
    Price is critical. IMO $199-$249 is the sweet spot. They’ll sell as fast as they can make them and blow the competition out of the water. $299, could work if the specs were good. I’ve been reading a lot of stuff on the web though, suggesting 16/32Gb for $399 and $499 respectively. I think this would be too high.
    That’s why I voted Maybe.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

• Posted: 12 October 2012 07:10 PM #3

I have iPads 1,2,3 and have found #3 to be the most useful due to having the GPS function. If I can get a mini with GPS then it will be mounted in my truck.

Posted: 12 October 2012 07:17 PM #4

2old4fun - 12 October 2012 07:10 PM

I have iPads 1,2,3 and have found #3 to be the most useful due to having the GPS function. If I can get a mini with GPS then it will be mounted in my truck.

Ooooooh GPS. Yes that would be sweet.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

• Posted: 17 October 2012 03:58 PM #5

I am tempted to get one but I’ll have to wait and see.

Right now I use a work-issued iPad but don’t own one myself.  I would like to have a personal iPad with cellular data and would consider an iPad mini with LTE. It just depends on where the pricing lands.