The New TMO: Good But Still Missing a Few Things

Posted: 16 October 2012 03:52 PM

Overall I like the new design, especially the more I used it. There are however a few things missing or that don’t work right as of yet.

I have a couple of members whom I have set to Ignore. After the update to the site I’m seeing their messages. I’ve even tried un-ignoring them and re-ignoring them to no avail. I still stumble across their posts. I run into this with both Safari on iOS and OS-X and FireFox on Windows. If this feature is not possible on the new site then the option should be removed completely.

Article comments are not working well. We lost the ability to quote previous messages. I’ve resorted to using html quote and /quote tags but that’s really kludgy, and I mistype often enough to make it a hit and miss thing for me.

While we’re on article comments, we lost the ability to edit them. This happened for a while on the old TMO and after a fix by your web guru we got something like 10 minutes to go back and fix a typo or retract something we wrote in the heat of the moment that we thought better of just after hitting Submit. I really miss that.

I just noticed that if I write something in paragraphs, all the double returns get removed and it ends up in a big block of unformatted text when I preview it. This is just in preview though, Posting it formats correctly.

What’s the prospect for fixes for these issues?[

[ Edited: 30 October 2013 06:56 PM by Intruder ]

Signature

Courage is not the absence of fear, that’s insanity.
    Courage is knowing the risks and dangers.
    And doing what needs to be done anyway.

Posted: 03 November 2012 06:23 PM #1

And it seems to keep logging me out. Can the cookie be changed to expire 2099 or what ever it is that is causing the problems? Under the old website, we could go for months without getting logged out.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 30 November 2012 06:01 PM #2

geoduck - 16 October 2012 03:52 PM

I have a couple of members whom I have set to Ignore. After the update to the site I’m seeing their messages. I’ve even tried un-ignoring them and re-ignoring them to no avail. I still stumble across their posts. I run into this with both Safari on iOS and OS-X and FireFox on Windows. If this feature is not possible on the new site then the option should be removed completely.

I just pushed a change that should restore the ignore functionality. Let me know if it’s NOT working for you.

Posted: 30 November 2012 06:13 PM #3

I won’t ignore because I think that you are the webmaster smile

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster