Apple’s October 23rd Event

• Posted: 22 October 2012 02:20 AM

The Wall Street analysts have been polled on what they expect Apple to deliver on Tuesday.  What do you expect Apple to announce during Tuesday’s special event. I’m looking forward to the announcement of the smaller iPad and the facts and figures that are often mentioned at the start of Apple special product events.

• Posted: 22 October 2012 12:02 PM #1

The iPad Mini is a given.  Whether it will have a slightly different functionality is up in the air, but I think Apple has to do something here.  I do not see the iPad as like the MacBook Pro, with just 3 different screen sizes.

I think they have to upgrade the MacBook Pro 13”, and go all solid state and use the Retina display.  And lighter.  Otherwise, Apple is not really leading the field.

Posted: 22 October 2012 12:55 PM #2

I keep getting back to the “Little More to Show You”.
    I don’t think this will be much more than an iPad7 event. I just think all the speculation about MacPro 13”, an updated thinner iMac, and all the rest is wishful thinking. Apple likes to do single focus events to concentrate attention on the product. This will be focused on one Little Thing, the iPad7.

So I predict:
    iPad7 only
    Stock will drop to <$600/share on disappointment that there was no 13” Macbook Pro/iMac/Mac Mini/Mac Pro, updates.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

• Posted: 22 October 2012 02:05 PM #3

I’m hoping a new iMac makes an appearance because my new work 27” iMac has been back ordered and is now rumored to ship after the event instead of before. It’s more likely that their display manufacturing can’t keep up with iPad and iPad Mini needs but I can dream can’t I?

Signature

Less is More (more or less).

Posted: 23 October 2012 02:39 PM #4

Well I can see I was wrong on just about everything.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

Posted: 23 October 2012 04:40 PM #5

Nice collection of new products.

The iMac, however, is upsetting. It’s exacerbating the existing trends that have been directly affecting my purchase decisions in the past year. I have to buy all the upgrades up front directly from Apple, at inflated component prices. The good graphic card is ONLY available on the top-end 27” model as a CTO option, despite the bigger screen being a disadvantage to me. I can save $1000 easily now to get the system I need.

Unless that changes in the next couple years, I can’t see myself continuing to buy Apple systems as my primary computer.

Signature

-Jon Roth

Instant Philosopher; Just add hot topic and stir.

• Posted: 24 January 2013 01:16 AM #6

I’ve had every iPad made to date, and despite the lack of retina, my iPad 4 just landed in my wife’s hands because all of my time is spent with the mini. (LTE).  The form factor is perfect for almost every task.  I think with a split keyboard in portrait; I even type faster than on the full size model.

Signature

new leather jackets new leather jackets
    mens motorcycle jacket mens motorcycle jacket