Are You Buying an iPad mini?

Poll: Are You Buying an iPad mini?
Total Votes: 28
Yes, as soon as pre-orders are available.
No. I’m happy with my 9.7-inch iPad.
No. Other 7-inch tablets are better.
I need to see one before deciding.

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:33 AM

Apple introduced the 7.9-inch iPad mini on Tuesday during a special media event in San Jose. Are you planning on buying one?

Posted: 24 October 2012 10:56 AM #1

This will be an interesting poll to follow.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

Posted: 24 October 2012 11:13 AM #2

I will be up at 12:01 to order three of them, actually. One for myself, and two for work as give-aways.

Oh, and does anyone want to buy an iPad 3?

Signature

Tron is cool

• Posted: 24 October 2012 11:42 AM #3

These Polls never have enough choices smile

My wife wants an iPad, but not the Mini. I think we will be buying a new iPad (retina display) this Holiday season.

so No, but but not “No I’m happy with…” because I don’t have one… yet.

• Posted: 24 October 2012 01:00 PM #4

Just bought the 3rd-gen iPad earlier this year.  I’m perfectly happy with it and the Retina Display matters more to me that having one that’s a little more compact.  It’s a nice device though.

Posted: 24 October 2012 03:22 PM #5

TitanTiger - 24 October 2012 01:00 PM

Just bought the 3rd-gen iPad earlier this year.  I’m perfectly happy with it and the Retina Display matters more to me that having one that’s a little more compact.  It’s a nice device though.

I entirely agree.

I’m considering the iPad mini as a gift to someone who wanted an iPad but a cheaper one.  I also might consider an iPad mini next year, not to replace my full-sized iPad but to compliment it, the way I alternate buying desktops and laptops so I keep reasonably-recent versions of both.

• Posted: 24 October 2012 03:44 PM #6

I will be getting ipad 4 and iphone 5 soon.  The mini might serve as a kindle replacement for me but i need to see how it works for reading books. 
    One thing that would make this a must have device is if there was an awesome universal remote program (for all content, not just itunes) with seamless apple TV integration & cable tuner integration.  I thought this might be “the breakthrough” that steve alluded to but I guess I was wrong.

• Posted: 24 October 2012 03:46 PM #7

Also, it seems this might be a great ipad for children…smaller hands, smaller budgets!

• Posted: 24 October 2012 04:08 PM #8

I find the iPad mini appealing, but I have a work-issued iPad 2 at the moment so I can’t justify running out to purchase another one on my own. If circumstances ever change and I don’t have a work iPad, I would likely end up getting a mini.

• Posted: 24 October 2012 05:36 PM #9

I’ll check this out. Have not bought any iPads before, though I own several Macs and an iPod Touch 4th generation. This looks like a bigger iPod Touch for me with a better camera.

Signature

Upgrades cost money.

• Posted: 24 October 2012 06:43 PM #10

I can see absolutely no value in an iToy between the iPhone and the iPad. Worthless idea.

Posted: 24 October 2012 06:52 PM #11

Apple is playing catch-up in the ‘mini’ pad market and as such is a.) at almost 8” is NOT mini and b.) is over priced.
    Other tabs - Nexus for one - have NFC, better connectivity ( some have HDMI etc) and a better looking designs, more power and are sub $200 for 16gigs. Apple is due for an awakening; or else they will drop the price of the Mini by $100 in a heartbeat as Apple did with the iPhone and iPad when they came out. Save your money kids. There’s better toys out there. Man, I lament the days when MacOb was about the Mac and not about toys.

Signature

-I’m sorry, apparently my Karma has run over your Dogma -

Posted: 24 October 2012 07:01 PM #12

Still running an iPad 1. Oddly enough it still does everything I want/need from it.

I also have the iPhone 5, so I’ve got the latest iOS for those apps that need it.

When the iPad 1’s battery gives up the ghost then I’ll looks at what’s currently available.
    The iPad mini could be the iPad I choose.

Signature

Smile they said, it could be worse. So we did, and it was!