need help ASAP

• Posted: 23 November 2012 12:12 AM

I recently had to recover my garage band data using the DISK DRILL utility software.(my WD external drive had become corrupt and i could not access the files-not even with the OS disk utility app ). I thought that once the process was complete that i would be able to load and play the songs that i created in GB, in their original session files. Unfortunately, the file recovery process left me with separate folders of .aif, .caf, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, in the audio folder, and a documents folder, and a pictures folder which contains a .jpg, a .psd, and a .tiff folder. The .tiff folder contains pictures of the Garageband sessions. I can see within the session pictures all the software instruments i created and the vocal and real instrument tracks that were recorded. The big question is : HOW DO I GET THESE .tiff /SESSIONS BACK INTO GARAGE BAND. Is it even possible? I would appreciate any help that anyone could offer

Posted: 25 November 2012 05:06 PM #1

Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, there is no way to put all of the disparate parts back together to make a .band file.

Signature

Mac switchers see my profile for switching help…