Has AT&T LTE Come to Your Area Yet?

Posted: 19 December 2012 10:49 AM

AT&T is expanding its LTE coverage areas, which is good news for iPhone 5, third and fourth generation iPad, and iPad mini owners. Is LTE available where you live, and is it usable?

Posted: 19 December 2012 10:52 AM #1

LTE is available in the Denver area and Boulder now, and works great. If you’re in the north part of the Denver metro area, however, you’re pretty much out of luck. Arvada, Westminster, Northglenn and Thornton are all still 4G.

Posted: 19 December 2012 11:08 AM #2

LTE has been available in Phoenix for a while now, and it’s quite speedy. Coverage is pretty good throughout the city, in my experience.

Signature

Visit The Graphic Mac: Apple, Adobe & Creative Resources

Posted: 19 December 2012 11:19 AM #3

We have it here in San Diego, they turned it in January of this year.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 19 December 2012 11:21 AM #4

We got in Minneapolis last month.  Makes me even more jealous of my wife’s iPhone 5 as it reached nearly 20mbps.

Signature

Tron is cool

• Posted: 19 December 2012 12:00 PM #5

I was in Aurora, Colorado recently, off of I-225.  Got a great LTE signal. TMO home page snapped up faster than I’ve ever seen it on an iPhone. Very nice.

• Posted: 19 December 2012 08:52 PM #6

Was already in service the day of iPhone 5 launch, here in the greater Sacramento area. I ran an FCC app speed test & nearly fell down when I saw the results 45.75 Mbps. Though, lately I haven’t been able to replicate the speed & ONLY get about 12 - 19 Mbps.

• Posted: 26 December 2012 09:19 PM #7

We got LTE a month or two ago in Eugene, Oregon. I’ve seen up to 47.92 Mbps via the speedtest.net app. Actual speed varies but it’s not hard to get a reliable 20-30 Mbps result throughout the city.

Reliability/usability is not a problem at all. In more remote areas it sometimes reverts to HSPA+ (aka “4G”) but the change is seamless, and even then it is reasonably fast.

[ Edited: 26 December 2012 09:21 PM by David Nelson ]