What Tech Gear is on Your Holiday Wish List?

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:41 AM

It’s the holiday season, which means there’s probably a good chance you’re hoping someone gives you that perfect tech gift. What’s on your list this year?

Posted: 21 December 2012 11:45 AM #1

My holiday tech wish list is pretty short: I’d like an iPad mini. OK, maybe a new AirPort Extreme Basestation, too.

Posted: 21 December 2012 12:32 PM #2

Portal 2

I think we need a new printer but I got the old NX400 working again so that’s been back burnered.
    I want an iPad Mini but I’m going to wait for V2.
    I have a DOA G5 PowerMac that needs something but I want to test it a bit over the holiday and be sure what’s wrong. It might just be the processors and not the whole motherboard.
    A Drobo NAS would be great but it ain’t in the budget of anyone I know for a while.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

Posted: 21 December 2012 01:27 PM #3

Surprisingly not much in the way of tech this year, I am just relieved to have survived the Mayan Pock O’Lips. Maybe some new external speakers for my iMac. This year we put a lot of money into some home renovations and have more planned, we want to senior proof the place before I am too old to do the work.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 21 December 2012 01:49 PM #4

Lee Dronick - 21 December 2012 01:27 PM

This year we put a lot of money into some home renovations and have more planned, we want to senior proof the place before I am too old to do the work.

You’ll get a kick out of our Xmas card (You may need to click “View Image” to see the whole thing.)

[ Edited: 21 December 2012 01:54 PM by geoduck ]

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

Posted: 21 December 2012 02:03 PM #5

I couldn’t find a View Image button, but I control-clicked on it to open the photo on your website. Yeah isn’t that the truth, construction and such always seem to take longer than usual.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

• Posted: 21 December 2012 04:16 PM #6

I want a dozen of these to line the wall along my walkway to my front door:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ee3d/?i=front

Posted: 22 December 2012 08:42 AM #7

A 5th Gen Airport Extreme Base Station.

Signature

Smile they said, it could be worse. So we did, and it was!

• Posted: 04 January 2013 11:41 AM #8

For me , i guess it would be the Plantronics Voyager Legend Bluetooth set .

Posted: 04 January 2013 02:27 PM #9

I gave my wife a Jabra Tour Bluetooth for her car. I had a number of complaints about auto Bluetooth sets, not loud enough and such. However, we are quite pleased with this model. It is plenty loud enough and has a good microphone, but it is also Siri capable.  I will get one for my truck in the near future.

Signature