What’s Your Favorite Mac of All Time?

Posted: 07 February 2013 11:46 AM

Apple has been making various Mac models ever since 1984, and there have been plenty to choose from over the years. What is your favorite model?

Posted: 07 February 2013 11:48 AM #1

My favorite was the Pismo PowerBook. Powerful, expandable, and easy to upgrade. Plus, it was the first portable Mac that could replace my desktop Mac (a beige G3 tower at the time).

Posted: 07 February 2013 12:04 PM #2

Apple iMac Rev 3, 333mhz Lime Green.  I’m partial to this one just because it was my first Mac and it replaced my Apple //c, believe it or not.

Signature

Tron is cool

Posted: 07 February 2013 12:15 PM #3

I know this isn’t technically a Mac… But I would have to say my first computer, PowerComputing PowerCenter 132 Tower is my all time favorite. I still have it, it’s till running with an processor upgrade and a USB/Firewire PCI card and a Voodoo graphics card. I don’t anything up play old games on it when I feeling nostalgic.

Bonus: My favorite start up chime of all time was from a Quadra 950. I would start that baby up in the morning, first thing a work, and it would fill the department with that rich sound of being productive.  smile

Signature

My mind is a bad neighborhood that I try not to go into alone.

Posted: 07 February 2013 12:28 PM #4

I hate this question because it’s so hard to answer… It’s like trying to choose between 70 of your favorite children.

I’ve always maintained that the Macintosh TV is my favorite Mac. I loved it from the moment I first saw one in a newspaper ad in 1994. It’s unique. It’s rare. It’s locked in at #1.

However, I can’t do this without some honorable mentions…

2. Mid-2009 MacBook Pro - The most impressed I’ve been with a computer right out-of-the-box.
    3. IIsi - My first Mac (received for Christmas 1994).
    4. Quadra 605 - First Mac I ever used.
    5. PowerBook Pismo - First new laptop. Ordered mine the night Steve Jobs announced it at MacWorld Tokyo.
    6. Duo 270c - First Laptop
    7. Original iMac 233 Rev A. - Pre-ordered mine months in advance when Steve announced it.

• Posted: 07 February 2013 12:46 PM #5

Although I have been using Macs since 1998, I think my 2008 MacPro was my all time fav. It just went on…and on….and on….and on!
    Never missed a beat, churned through hours and hours of video renders. I disposed of it because I decided I didn’t need all that power just occasionally.
    But if Apple bring out a less power hungry replacement this year…I may reconsider.

Posted: 07 February 2013 01:10 PM #6

I loved my Quadra 650 back in the mid-late 90s

Signature

Visit The Graphic Mac: Apple, Adobe & Creative Resources

• Posted: 07 February 2013 01:11 PM #7

My favorite experience was running our software on a beta IIfx. It was screaming fast at that time.

My favorite Mac that I owned has to be the Iici. Not too big (at the time) but plenty of room to grow.

• Posted: 07 February 2013 01:18 PM #8

Hands down - the G4 Cube. I got it with a cinema screen when those were brand new; upgraded the processor to 1.6 gig and still use it as my hub for printers and wifi. The thing is indestructible and will always be so cool.

• Posted: 07 February 2013 02:31 PM #9

Probably my PM G4 Dual 450. It lasted the longest and seemed to always have room for upgrades. It still runs as far as I know. Springing for the dual processor seemed like too much when I bought it, but it ended up being able to run various OSX versions longer than lots of its single processor brethren. Though I really like the 24” iMac I replaced it with.

Signature

Less is More (more or less).

• Posted: 07 February 2013 03:29 PM #10

I’d have to say my Mac SE, which I’ve owned for over 25 years and, believe it or not, it stills runs!

Here’s a photo of it sitting next to my 27” iMac…

Image Attachments

IMG_0313.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

• Posted: 07 February 2013 04:46 PM #11

Classic: Mac SE/30 & PowerBook Duo 230 (with Duo Dock of course).

Modern: 11” MacBook Air 2012

• Posted: 07 February 2013 06:15 PM #12

Apple IIGS.  Oh wait that’s not a Mac… smile

Favorite Mac would have to be the G4 Cube, although my first-generation Intel iMac has certainly proven itself.  Still use it daily.

• Posted: 07 February 2013 06:42 PM #13

Jeff Gamet - 07 February 2013 11:48 AM

My favorite was the Pismo PowerBook. Powerful, expandable, and easy to upgrade. Plus, it was the first portable Mac that could replace my desktop Mac (a beige G3 tower at the time).

I second this.

• Posted: 07 February 2013 08:46 PM #14

I’d have to say the Quadra 400/700(?) That was my dream machine running OS 7.5. Best system, best machine! Hey, you kids, get off my lawn.

Posted: 07 February 2013 09:43 PM #15

Loved the SE, the Quadra 605 and 650, the Bondi Blue iMac, the PowerBook 520c, and 2006 MBP, and definitely love my present mid-2010 iMac. The runner up is my 2002 G4 Flat Panel (soccer ball) iMac that I used for 8 years.

My favorite all time though was my Mac IIci. I used it for years. I stretched it’s life with a 50 MHz accelerator card. I liked it so much that I had the company I worked for get me one just like it…with the accelerator card!!!!! That machine and the software back then was so advanced (for 1989), it was ahead of it’s time and was fun.

Signature

pbg