PM 6200CD,
    Beige PM G3/266 Desktop with a Sonnet G4/400 CPU upgrade,
    PM B&W G3 Tower,
    PM G4/400 Tower,
    iBook G3/500 12”
    PM G5 Tower,
    Mac Pro (Early ‘09)
    MBP 15” (Late ‘08)

but the Mac I think was the coolest was the Power Macintosh 6200CD with the TV Tuner (analog)

Signature

Smile they said, it could be worse. So we did, and it was!

Posted: 07 February 2013 10:03 PM #17

I’ve been “Mac"ing since the 512e, and owned several Mac since
    SE/30,
    PM 6200CD,
    Beige PM G3/266 Desktop with a Sonnet G4/400 CPU upgrade,
    PM B&W G3 Tower,
    PM G4/400 Tower,
    iBook G3/500 12”
    PM G5 Tower,
    Mac Pro (Early ‘09)
    MBP 15” (Late ‘08)
    but the Mac I think was the coolest was the Power Macintosh 6200CD with the TV Tuner (analog)

Signature

Smile they said, it could be worse. So we did, and it was!

Posted: 07 February 2013 10:09 PM #18

I forgot to mention another favorite - our 2002 dual G4 PowerMac. I still use it from time to time.

Signature

pbg

• Posted: 08 February 2013 12:25 AM #19

For me it’s a tie. My first Mac Plus that got me out of the CP/M world in 1986, but my hands-down most favorite is the one I’m typing this on: 2009 MBP w/8GB of RAM and a 986GB flash drive. Awesomely fast!

Signature

Posted: 08 February 2013 12:48 AM #20

One can almost gauge age here via responses, hilarious…G4s? G3s? Bwuahhh ha!!! 
    As a lessee of Apple hardware since mid 80’s - (I say lessee since that’s what you really do when you buy Apple (or any) stuff as it’s obsolete within a year on average thanx to Moore’s theorem) - I’d say every new, cooler, better desktop was THE favorite until….the NEXT (no pun intended) one came out. Let’s rule out Powerbooks and laptops - those aren’t Macs, sorry dudes, that should be a laptop thread dealing with compromised, limited, fragile expensive portable computing - a whole different animal than what Macintosh is.
      The highlights:  SE, SE-i, SE(x) were revolutionary, period - they ran MOTU’s Performer and other sequencing software, Adobe’s Photoshop etc. that no PC could even access at the time.
      But then the IICI as first color Mac 32 bit Sony Monitor capability running Aldus Freehand, Illustrator ‘88 , Quark 2.0, Photoshop 2.0, Pagemaker etc was really “screw you” to the PC drones.
      A sentimental favorite has to be the first Power PC in my case the PowerMac 6100AV. The “AV” was key, though it was not very robust I could capture live TV or video cam footage plug-n-play, play movies, edit movies and add FX etc, take home movies and play live or taped through Mac on TWO screens…..No damn “home” PC of the time could do those tricks, none, and this was Out Of The Box fun, no added dongles or anything.
    OS 6 was the sh*t, taking us up to OS 9 before the Quartz fuzzy layers of OS X and beyond obfuscated the sharpness and contrast of pre-OS X OS’s look.
    Least favorite? Despite being a workhorse my DP G4 Mirror Door aka the “Windtunnel” was so friggin noisy it was ridiculous. Kind of sounded like a Predator Drone on warmup. I walked by the front end of a brand new Freightliner semi tractor today; there was a sticker on it said “Clean Quiet Idle Safe”. The Windtunnel wasn’t.  Still, it was a beast.

Signature

-I’m sorry, apparently my Karma has run over your Dogma -

• Posted: 08 February 2013 05:36 AM #21

It’s the first Mac I was able to buy on my own (I had others before, but this was mine).

The iMAc G3 DV Special Edition in 2000. almost 13 years old and it still function properly with OsX Tiger.

Cheers

Posted: 08 February 2013 05:08 PM #22

The Mac Plus was the first Mac I ever used, and considering how long the model lasted, the iconic shape, and the expandability (Hard drives!), The Mac Plus has a solid place in my heart.

I’ve lusted over the original 601-based 7100 PowerMacs and 8600 AV-equpped towers back in the day. The MacBook Air remains one of the few laptops I’ve ever really wanted.

Many of the Macs I wanted though, I got. The “Outrigger” desktop G3, which made Macs competitive again. The G4 Cube.

Ultimately though, I think my favourite has to be the first generation of Intel iMac.

It was the first iMac to drive dual monitors, rather than video mirroring. The Dual-core intel processor was a massive upgrade form the G5 of the previous generation, and the graphics card was a solid middleweight contender at the time. It ran windows and linux with the release of Boot Camp. It was the first iMac that could seriously compete with desktop systems as a professional computer, even with a baseline purchase. Stylish, reliable, powerful, and versatile. Served me well for about 6 years.

Signature

-Jon Roth

Instant Philosopher; Just add hot topic and stir.

• Posted: 09 February 2013 05:04 AM #23

I know I’m copping out by saying this. The 13” MacBook Air I’m writing this on is my favorite of the four Macs (Pro, iMac and Mini) I currently own, but the one that got the most work done for me was my overclocked Power Mac 9500. This machine proved its worth early on in a Windows NT shop, with the help of BBEdit, as the only desktop machine on the team capable of taking a 5,700-user address list from a Tandem system, a 3,000-user list from a SoftSwitch gateway and merging the two for import into a Microsoft Mail system. It later helped me land two jobs, and found a place in my home. Along the way it acquired a Panasonic R/W DVD, three additional hard drives, two video cards (one included a TV tuner) supporting two monitors , a USB card and two Ethernet cards. It put in long hours and worked hard, and it was only put out to pasture when its ROM could go no further than System 9.1.

There was nothing like the sound of its mighty C major chord to start the morning.

Signature

Problem definition is the key to problem resolution.

• Posted: 20 February 2013 02:14 AM #24

I own a MacBook Pro and it has been my favorite companion for the past 3 years.  The weight, thinness and the Multi Touch Trackpad were the initial factors that led me to purchase this one. It do have a number of small problems, but then i Still go for it.

• Posted: 13 March 2013 10:07 PM #25

Based on looks alone, the Color Classic.  Damn that thing was cute!

• Posted: 14 March 2013 10:10 AM #26

very nice

• Posted: 16 June 2013 03:11 PM #27

As much as I love my 27” iMac, I’d have to say my favorite Mac back in the day was the 12” PowerBook G4. It was the first all-metal laptop I’d ever seen, and it’s what really turned me onto Apple products. The size was perfect, the battery life was excellent and it was/is oh so sexy.  smile

Signature

Roger
    Apple Certified Tech
    PDXMacRepair.com

Posted: 11 May 2014 01:38 AM #28

My favorite Mac has to be the first one I bought in the Summer of ‘05….
    It was a 21’ White G5…it was such a beautiful machine…everyone who came over could not help but to be mesmerized by it.  People would wonder where the rest of the computer was and why there were no cables for the keyboard, mouse, and internet. 
    After 5 years of family use, the video board failed and by then Apple had moved on, away from the Motorola Power PC to the Intel line of processors, making the cost to repair a better choice to update to a newer mac.  After migrating all of my files from the White mac to the new 24” Aluminum mac, I put the white mac in my closet for the next few years.  I couldn’t bring myself to getting rid of it, but I finally did a few months ago…I sold it on craigslist for $40.00 to a kid who used a motherboard from another dead mac to get this one working.  So, my beloved mac still lives somewhere in the Inland Empire, bringing joy and productivity to another family…

[ Edited: 11 May 2014 01:46 AM by thepoeticjuan ]

Signature

You can save your money to spend later on retirement, but you cannot save the days of your youth.  Therefore, spend some of your money on yourself and enjoy life now!       
      thepoeticjuan