What’s Your Favorite Weather App?

Posted: 08 February 2013 11:28 AM

With Nemo bearing down on the U.S. east coast, lots of people are looking to their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to keep up to date on just how much snow they’re expecting to get hit with. Which app is your favorite for tracking the weather on the go?

Posted: 08 February 2013 11:34 AM #1

I actually have a couple favorites:
    - SkyMotion because it gives me far more accurate temperature data than any other app I’ve tried.
    - Fahrenheit because it gives me the weather details I need in an easy to read view.
    - Magical Weather on the iPad for its great visuals and quick weather overview.

Posted: 08 February 2013 11:36 AM #2

Skytracker.
    It’s from GlobalNews so it’s Canada-centric but it works across North America and seems to be the most stable. I’m interested in the Radar which it does well.

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

Posted: 08 February 2013 12:09 PM #3

The Weather Channel, and the one that comes with iOS.

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 08 February 2013 12:17 PM #4

Lee:
    You’re in San Diego. What do you need a weather app for?
    LOL

Signature

Take Only Pictures, Leave Only Footprints
    Is No Way To Run An Art Gallery

Posted: 08 February 2013 12:50 PM #5

geoduck - 08 February 2013 12:17 PM

Lee:
    You’re in San Diego. What do you need a weather app for?
    LOL

For posting screenshots to Facebook so that family and friends in the snow belt will be jealous smile

Rainy here with the snow level down to 2000’, or 600 meters for those who suffer under the tyranny of the metric system.

Image Attachments

rain.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Signature

“Works of art, in my opinion, are the only objects in the material universe to possess internal order, and that is why, though I don’t believe that only art matters, I do believe in Art for Art’s sake.” E. M. Forster

Posted: 14 February 2013 11:14 AM #6

Does anyone know of a weather app that tells you what happened yesterday?  For example this morning we got some snow, and I want to know how much we actually got.  Or how warm/cold was it yesterday? Any suggestions?

Signature

Tron is cool