What’s Your Favorite Stylus?

Posted: 04 March 2013 11:52 AM

Even though Steve Jobs said we don’t need a stylus to use our iPhone and iPad, the market is booming. What’s your favorite stylus, and what do you use it for?

Posted: 04 March 2013 11:54 AM #1

My favorite stylus is the Bamboo from Wacom. It balances well, is responsive on screen, and the tip is replaceable, too. I use my stylus collection almost exclusively for drawing and painting.

[ Edited: 04 March 2013 11:56 AM by Jeff Gamet ]      
  • Posted: 04 March 2013 02:26 PM #2

I have the Bamboo as well. I thought I would use it often and turn my iPad into a fun sketch book, but it just didn’t work out that way. No matter what app I use I find drawing clumsy and imprecise. The side of my hand is always leaving marks, and point where the stylus leaves a mark never seems to be precisely where I think it would be. Perhaps it’s my style and/or the way I hold a pen, but drawing apps have never made me happy the way I though they would when the iPad debuted. I’m an illustrator and designer and I do my sketching with a mechanical pencil.

Signature

Less is More (more or less).

Posted: 04 March 2013 02:35 PM #3

FlipFriddle - 04 March 2013 02:26 PM

No matter what app I use I find drawing clumsy and imprecise.

Yeah, that’s ultimately the reason I went for a Wacom-based Win8 tablet instead of an iPad. I only use the stylus in desktop mode though; for my iPhone, my mom’s iPad and live tiles mode in win8, I much prefer my fingers.

Signature

-Jon Roth

Instant Philosopher; Just add hot topic and stir.